article thumbnail

Community for Career Development: A Look Inside One NAVUG Community Member’s Journey

Presspage

I’m a member of NAVUG , an online community that is the epitome of Margaret Mead's statement. If you will humor me and enjoy the story I am about to share, you too can build a thriving and successful online community in your sphere of influence. Online communities and learning were unleashed to the masses.

Community 115
article thumbnail

PR Lessons From The Biggest Failures of 2023

ImPRessions - Crenshaw Communications

The retailer responded by pulling much of its LGBTQ merchandise, claiming it only wanted to protect its staff. But the reaction in the gay and trans community was swift and angry, and sales suffered. Even the smartest PR won’t prevent a backlash or a boycott. That was great – until it wasn’t.

Banking 212
Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Lockdown letter: brainstorming second order COVID-19 effects

Stephen Waddington

Celebration of Britain - with international travel limited there’s likely to be a rapid resurgence in British art, culture and tourism. The college and university campus - the market for international students won’t recover until we learn to live with COVID-19. This is a shift that was already underway as a result of Brexit.

Tourism 118
article thumbnail

The journey from lockdown

Stephen Waddington

The challenge with the COVID-19 crisis is that it requires an international governmental response and there are countless unknowns. It’s an area of huge international effort among healthcare providers. Protect The lockdown has had a dramatic impact on entertainment, events, retail, travel and transport.

article thumbnail

Was Away On A Mission Impossible?

ImPRessions - Crenshaw Communications

Businesses spend millions on brand reputation and community service. The internal phone directory instructs colleagues on how to send secret feedback to one another’s bosses. Yet we assume that businesses, especially retailers, will strive for an Amazon-like level of customer service because it’s the only way to compete today.

article thumbnail

Spotlight on a Solo PR Pro: Meet Susan Stoga

Solo PR Pro

Upon graduating, Susan decided to leave reporting behind and instead put her skills to work doing media relations for a major retailer back in her hometown. The two started working on new projects together and one year later in 1999 formed Carson Stoga Communications. and China on international adoptions.

Meeting 91
article thumbnail

Building Your Communications Career from the Ground Up: 5 Ways to Make Any Job Work for You

Deirdre Breakenridge

Patagonia Community Board: Credit Ginny Lefler. For me, that meant starting off in retail at Patagonia when I first moved to Washington D.C. Sarah Huckins is a Program Associate at the US Water Alliance and a Master’s candidate at American University’s School of Communication. store and interned for EcoPeace Middle East.