article thumbnail

RepUs To Conduct Reputation Management Workshop for 30+ U.S. Police Departments

Reputation Us

On October 13, 2023, ReputationUs ’s (RepUs) President Casey Boggs will orchestrate and instruct a communication-based workshop for more than 30 national police department’s Captains, Sergeants, Majors and Lieutenants during the Southern Police Institute ’s 150 th Administrative Officer’s Course.

article thumbnail

The #PRStudChat Community Discusses Digital Media and AI on October 25th

Deirdre Breakenridge

Public relations professionals must understand and embrace artificial intelligence (AI), machine language, and big data, from the resources that keep them up to speed to how brands are using advanced technologies that may affect their roles in communications. Martin is a communications strategist and teaches digital strategy.

Community 148
Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Future skills for public relations practitioners - World PR Day

Stephen Waddington

The COVID-19 Communications Advisory Panel report sets out critical skills for practitioners as society learns to live with COVID-19. It is no surprise that demand for public relations roles is booming. The report includes contributions from panel members, formed from leaders from across the UK communications industry.

Publicity 199
article thumbnail

Nonprofits: Please Join us for our Free Nonprofit PR Workshop!

Reputation Us

We’re excited to announce that later this month we will be hosting our annual nonprofit public relations workshop! The FREE event provides local nonprofits with invaluable information, giving them the tools and fundamentals needed to better tell their stories via media, social media and word-of-mouth within the community.

article thumbnail

PR Strategies to Destigmatize Mental Health and Wellness

5W PR

Public relations shapes public perceptions and attitudes. These campaigns can be shared through social media, press releases, webinars, and workshops. By working together, PR professionals and mental health organizations can amplify messages and resources, reaching a larger audience and fostering a sense of community.

article thumbnail

The Science of the Tweet: The Dos and Don’ts for #SciComm on Twitter

Deirdre Breakenridge

As a science major turned public relations professional, I was groomed into believing that scientists are “bad” communicators. Through my work in science communication at Cornell University , I learned that this couldn’t be further from the truth. Look for hashtags at meetings, workshops and conferences.

Twitter 347
article thumbnail

PR Rock Stars: Retired Vice President of Content & Public Relations at DKY, Holly Donato

Communications Conversations

But I also liked being more of a communication generalist inside organizations, managing everything from events to publications—even sales collateral. I’ll never forget working shoulder to shoulder with the Minnesota Somali community to raise money and pack meals for their people during the East African famine.

Publicity 174