article thumbnail

Casting the future: Our predictions and trends for 2024

NewsWhip

We love to see how viral trends and news erupt on the internet, but at NewsWhip, we’re also working to understand what it all means, especially as our media ecosystem becomes more fragmented. Social media has been trending away from the monolithic ‘one big story’ for a while now. And that’s the key point.

Trends 78
article thumbnail

How Reddit and NewsWhip are helping reporters stay ahead of the news

NewsWhip

Reddit effectively sifts through content that goes against its site-wide policies, moderators then take down any content that goes against their community rules, and finally content users find most valuable surfaces through Reddit’s upvoting and downvoting system. “It The members within those communities are also highly engaged.

Reddit 147
Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Social Media and Sports Trends and Teams to watch for College Football Season

Karen Freberg

Some of the hardest and most dedicated professionals who are working in social media are the college sports teams in digital and social media. For the past few years, I have tried to write about some teams I am really excited about seeing for the upcoming year, and what were some initial trends I saw happening in the industry.

Sports 45
article thumbnail

Best Practices in Global Comms: A Conversation With PRCAI CEO Deeptie Sethi

PRSay

She is developing and shaping the agenda for the PR community in India and helping the association support and raise industry standards. The value of PR and communications in India has a new dimension, especially post COVID-19. Festivity promotions are no longer a marketing domain, and integrated campaign ideas are the trend.

Local 133
article thumbnail

Meet the Media: Doug Bolduc, Managing Editor at Automotive News Europe

Bianchi Biz Blog

It won an award from the National Newspaper Association for community service. What is the top trend you’re covering or interested in right now? We are both in the media and we were once the weekend TV news and sports anchor team on the island of Guam. What is your top pet peeve with PR people? Answering a question for a CEO.

article thumbnail

Fostering Collaboration and Empathy between Men and Women in Business with Stacy Kehren Idema

PR for Anyone

The emphasis was on navigating emotional and ambiguous environments, making substantial investments, and swiftly bringing advancements to market for the betterment of patients and communities. The basketball analogy beautifully illustrates the harmony needed between structure and creativity in both sports and business.

Corporate 130
article thumbnail

What social media trends do you see in 2019?

Communications Conversations

It’s that time of year–yes, trend season is underway, my social media friends! million trend posts between now and Dec. Most of these trend posts, mind you, will be complete and utter garbage. In fact, many of them are literally cut-and-pasted from last year’s trend posts.