article thumbnail

Is Traditional Media Still Relevant in PR?

Burrelles Fresh Ideas

Print media (magazine) consumption rose in 2023 , and this trend should continue in 2024, according to a study by Pew Research Center (via MediaPost). As more of us get our news digitally, newspapers have taken the hardest hit; however, the estimated total US daily newspaper circulation (print and digital combined) in 2022 was 20.9

Media 102
article thumbnail

Compounding Returns: 5 Financial Analogies that Explain Good Content Marketing

Sword and the Script

There are many examples of how this works, but one I stumbled upon recently by a financial advisory firm looks to me to be a good illustration. Here are several financial and investment analogies and the relationship to content marketing. 1) You must make deposits before you can withdraw. Photo credit: Unsplash.

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Newsprint in pain as COVID-19 bites, so what’s next?

Stephen Waddington

A perfect storm of distribution and falling advertising revenue is a blow to the newsprint business after two decades of battling the shift from print to digital. The COVID-19 crisis is hastening the digitisation of news from print to internet services. Print accounts for 80% of UK newspaper revenues and digital 20%.

Print 102
article thumbnail

Faces & Markets of PRGN: Hong Kong – Asia’s World City

Bianchi Biz Blog

As one of the world’s leading international financial centers, it boasts a prime geographical location, a gateway to Mainland China, and acts as a conduit for global enterprises looking to tap into the vast Asian markets. This includes print newspapers, digital news sites, television, and radio stations.

article thumbnail

How the Canadian Newspaper Industry Can Adapt to Changes

Business Wire

Declining advertising dollars, low subscription numbers, and the emergence and disruption of digital have all contributed to the financial hardships affecting many Canadian news publications. Perhaps none have been affected more than print newspapers. And they’re trying to do that on 4 or 5 platforms,” he continues. “So

article thumbnail

Can we press release that? 15 stories about the public relations industry (you won’t believe #10)

Stephen Waddington

It’s an overview of industry issues as discussed by my community of practice. I started an online community of practice at the outset of the pandemic. There are some topics that come up time and time again in the community. The New York Times printed the article in full. This is my CommsHero presentation. Good afternoon.

Industry 153
article thumbnail

Beyond the Press: Navigating the Diverse Landscape of News Channels and Platforms

The Proactive Report

The industry’s financial fortunes and subscriber base have been in decline since the mid-2000s, and their website audience traffic has begun to decline as well. Newspapers Newspapers are a still a critical part of the American news landscape, but they have been hit hard as more and more Americans consume news digitally.