Remove Communications Remove Community Remove Definition Remove Interviews
article thumbnail

How PR Can Solve Its Diversity Problem

ImPRessions - Crenshaw Communications

Its success hinges on a genuine understanding of diverse communities and cultures. When I was interviewing with Crenshaw, one of the first things I noticed was that the leader interviewing me was a man of color – someone who looked like me. Racial inclusivity isn’t the only important aspect of a workplace, however.

Employee 156
article thumbnail

What PR Teams Should Know About Substack

Because Substack newsletters often feature exclusive content, interviews, and analysis, PR people can identify influential Substack writers, get to know their work, and suggest story ideas or interviews. The post What PR Teams Should Know About Substack appeared first on Crenshaw Communications.

Analysis 156
Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Bringing True, Ethical Authenticity to Multicultural Communications – Jennifer Gonzalez

Ethical Voices

I’m a multicultural communication strategist. I also provide guidance in general as to how to bring more diversity, equity, and inclusion values into all the work we do as marketers and communicators. The issues we faced a few years ago, and definitely very different from what we’re doing now. I have an example.

Ethics 72
article thumbnail

The Myth Of The Social CEO

And there’s actually not a lot of definitive research on the benefits of social engagement by CEOs. Studies by Weber Shandwick find that executives who engage on social platforms are seen as good communicators and often well-regarded as business leaders. Social engagement by CEOs is declining. What’s going on?

article thumbnail

#PRExpanded Guest Post: Socializing Your Brand … What’s That?

Deirdre Breakenridge

A Guest Post by Corina Manea, Chief Community Officer of Spin Sucks & Founder of NutsPR. It’s not a one-way communication street, and it’s definitely not about throwing your brand’s message out into the wild. Make it about your team, and you’ll reach your community’s hearts. It’s about your community.

Brand 256
article thumbnail

Three cardinal rules of PR that Adidas broke with Kanye West

NewsWhip

Somewhere in Adidas headquarters in Herzogenaurach, Germany, there’s a team of PR and Communications professionals who have just been through the toughest week of their careers. The story began way back in September, when Kanye (now known by the name “Ye”) criticized the German footwear company in interviews and on social media.

article thumbnail

Survey: Most PR Pros Say that Media Relations is Getting Harder – Here’s What You Can Do About It

Deirdre Breakenridge

That’s according to 223 PR professionals polled for the 2019 JOTW Communications Survey. When you combined these realities with the fact that news skews toward the anomaly – news by definition defies expectations – you start to come to the idea that manufacturing the exception is a path to earned media. 2) Truly study the media.

Survey 377