article thumbnail

How PR Can Solve Its Diversity Problem

ImPRessions - Crenshaw Communications

Its success hinges on a genuine understanding of diverse communities and cultures. When I was interviewing with Crenshaw, one of the first things I noticed was that the leader interviewing me was a man of color – someone who looked like me.

Employee 156
article thumbnail

B2B Tech PR in the Age of Social Media

5W PR

This online revelation hasn’t just changed the way B2B tech businesses communicate with their audience, but it’s also given PR a whole new definition. Building a community Social media creates the perfect environment to nurture a community around a brand.

B2B 78
Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

What PR Teams Should Know About Substack

ImPRessions - Crenshaw Communications

Because Substack newsletters often feature exclusive content, interviews, and analysis, PR people can identify influential Substack writers, get to know their work, and suggest story ideas or interviews. But we can also leverage it to enhance our work. How has Substack affected the media landscape?

Analysis 156
article thumbnail

#PRExpanded Guest Post: Socializing Your Brand … What’s That?

Deirdre Breakenridge

A Guest Post by Corina Manea, Chief Community Officer of Spin Sucks & Founder of NutsPR. It’s not a one-way communication street, and it’s definitely not about throwing your brand’s message out into the wild. Make it about your team, and you’ll reach your community’s hearts. It’s about your community.

Brand 256
article thumbnail

Three cardinal rules of PR that Adidas broke with Kanye West

NewsWhip

The story began way back in September, when Kanye (now known by the name “Ye”) criticized the German footwear company in interviews and on social media. Which definitely brings us to the third cardinal rule broken. . The Story in a Nutshell . Now what?” . That’s because he ain’t got those connections. Rule 3: Move Fast.

article thumbnail

Staging a Home for Charity

PR for Anyone

Making a difference in a community or a person’s life can be inspiring enough to end up on TV. Free PR Interview Transcript: For months, we’ve been investigating dangerous living conditions in military housing. So we asked the community to join us to make an impact and give them a place that looks and feels like home.

Pitching 130
article thumbnail

5 Easy Tips for Learning in Not So Obvious Places

Deirdre Breakenridge

One definition she offers is “traveling from place to place, especially working or based in various places for relatively short periods.”. Each one comes with a definition and sometimes an example showing how the word is used. We knew it was a long interview process. But, now, you can just ask Alexa. We were so excited for him.

Reddit 236