Remove Books Remove Community Remove Creativity Remove Writing
article thumbnail

Writing Your First Book: Lessons from The Lean Startup

Deirdre Breakenridge

What is the hardest part about writing a book?”. Will people read the book? Most writers I have come across tell me writing a book is both extremely rewarding and at the same time one of the biggest challenges they have ever taken on. Will my ideas resonate with anyone?

article thumbnail

The Ins & Outs of Book Writing

Karen Freberg

Writing is a big part of my life. I write A LOT for my work, but also personal life as well. Of course, writing comes in all shapes and sizes – but it has become one of the main skills necessary for my work as a professor. However, this is not all of the writing we do as professors. Why do I bring this up?

Writing 105
Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

Trending Sources

article thumbnail

RADventures: Exploring Life Past Retirement with Patti Stueland

PR for Anyone

Even during the challenges of COVID-19, Patti found creative ways to keep the spirit of adventure alive, organizing socially distanced outings to parks and outdoor spaces. Patti’s story serves as a touching reminder of the value of community and curiosity in enhancing the quality of life as we journey through the golden years.

Travel 130
article thumbnail

How the New York Public Library’s Blog Mobilizes Communities

Cision

And for nonprofit organizations on a budget, blogging can often be the most effective way to engage and mobilize communities. I encourage people to write whatever inspires them, and often this does have a natural timeliness (“my favorite TV show just ended, I want to write a post about books that are similar in theme.”).

Community 120
article thumbnail

The Future of Work: Navigating the Evolving Professional Landscape with Erica Keswin

PR for Anyone

She raises concerns about the potential loss of creativity and innovation in a virtual environment, especially when managing groups. However, there are still noted challenges in maintaining creativity and innovation in a virtual setting, particularly in certain industries such as advertising. ACEing Flexibility So, what is ACE?

Employee 130
article thumbnail

Creative Headlines Will Drive PR SEO & Success in 2017

Cision

It continues a thought leading series based on Agency and Client-side workplace issues, and is the basis of a forthcoming coaching and mentoring book to be published in 2017 alongside the 15th anniversary of the agency. The power of ideas and proper communication is one that cannot and will not be underestimated. Search dominates.

SEO 120
article thumbnail

Storytelling, Community and Purpose: Finding Balance Within the Tech Industry

The Hoffman Agency

I would spend hours writing fictional narratives in my room, transporting to the imaginary worlds I was creating. I continued writing stories, but castles and princesses quickly became congressmen and protests. Shifting from the chaotic life of tech PR to the whimsical fantasies of a creative writer ensures an essential balance.