article thumbnail

Writing Your First Book: Lessons from The Lean Startup

Deirdre Breakenridge

What is the hardest part about writing a book?”. Most writers I have come across tell me writing a book is both extremely rewarding and at the same time one of the biggest challenges they have ever taken on. The idea is simple, but powerful: Test your idea for a book before investing too much of your time actually writing the book.

article thumbnail

Communicating with Creativity not C.R.A.P. with Beth Nyland on Growing Social Now with Barbara Rozgonyi

wiredPRworks

This was an interview I was so looking forward to – after all, Beth and I go way, way, way back to the early days when corporate communications was just making the transition to the first evolution of social media: the intranet. I know you’ll not only enjoy this interview, you’ll change the way you communicate forever.

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

The Ins & Outs of Book Writing

Karen Freberg

Writing is a big part of my life. I write A LOT for my work, but also personal life as well. Of course, writing comes in all shapes and sizes – but it has become one of the main skills necessary for my work as a professor. However, this is not all of the writing we do as professors. Why do I bring this up?

Writing 105
article thumbnail

RADventures: Exploring Life Past Retirement with Patti Stueland

PR for Anyone

Even during the challenges of COVID-19, Patti found creative ways to keep the spirit of adventure alive, organizing socially distanced outings to parks and outdoor spaces. Patti’s story serves as a touching reminder of the value of community and curiosity in enhancing the quality of life as we journey through the golden years.

Travel 130
article thumbnail

The 22 Responsibilities of PR and What They Entail

Onclusive

PR pros will need to either write content themselves or help to drive strategy with a team of writers, editors and guest blog contributors. Today’s PR pro is responsible for ideating, writing, editing, pitching, placing and promoting executive thought leadership articles for not only the CEO, but also other senior executives.

Training 195
article thumbnail

Creative Ways to Pitch Media During a Pandemic

5W PR

All of this means that public relations experts should be creative in creating and pitch stories to the media outlets and the public. The post Creative Ways to Pitch Media During a Pandemic appeared first on NY PR Agency 5W Public Relations Blog - 5WPR.

article thumbnail

5 Solos Share Best Practices for Writing a Compelling Proposal

Solo PR Pro

There’s a whole community of like minded people you can lean on. 5 solo PR pros share tips for writing a proposal. This month, we asked our panel of solo PR pros to share best practices for writing a compelling proposal for a prospective client. We use photos, videos and color to communicate that to prospective clients.

Writing 104