Remove Books Remove Community Remove Creativity Remove Interviews
article thumbnail

Writing Your First Book: Lessons from The Lean Startup

Deirdre Breakenridge

“What is the hardest part about writing a book?”. As I’ve read interviews and talked to writers, their answers range from challenges landing a publishing deal and feeling overwhelmed as a slow writer, to fears around vulnerability and the struggle to shed self-doubt. Will people read the book? Will my ideas resonate with anyone?

article thumbnail

Effectively Engage and Build Your Community Through Podcasting

Deirdre Breakenridge

It’s a crowded field to be sure, but it also offers an excellent, and even underused, opportunity for businesses to increase engagement with its community. Think of your community when podcasting instead of focusing solely on promotion. Be Creative. Image Credit: Pixabay. Now is the perfect time to begin. Podcasting is personal.

Community 206
Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Booking a PR tool to ride

Stephen Waddington

Social sells: Prowly Magazine community From the outset we felt as if every conversation with a prospect was like a recruitment interview rather than a discussion about a tool. We switched our creative PR efforts for educational activities. It’s how Prowly Magazine was born - our educational community.

Tools 112
article thumbnail

The Future of Work: Navigating the Evolving Professional Landscape with Erica Keswin

PR for Anyone

Erica imparts valuable advice on standing out in interviews—instead of ignoring or shying away from their age, she suggests proactively addressing age-related concerns head-on. She raises concerns about the potential loss of creativity and innovation in a virtual environment, especially when managing groups.

Employee 130
article thumbnail

How the New York Public Library’s Blog Mobilizes Communities

Cision

And for nonprofit organizations on a budget, blogging can often be the most effective way to engage and mobilize communities. I encourage people to write whatever inspires them, and often this does have a natural timeliness (“my favorite TV show just ended, I want to write a post about books that are similar in theme.”).

Community 120
article thumbnail

Storytelling, Community and Purpose: Finding Balance Within the Tech Industry

The Hoffman Agency

I was unsure of what I wanted out of my future but knew it had to involve three key components: storytelling, a strong community and a sense of purpose. Most days after I officially shut my work laptop, I take my current favorite book to the bluffs near my house overlooking the ocean and try to get at least a chapter in.

article thumbnail

Status report: artificial intelligence (AI) in public relations

Wadds Inc.

Watch out for a new version of #PRstack set to be published before the end of November by the #FuturePRoof community developed by my partner Sarah Waddington. Copyright, plagiarism and the threat to reputation I was recently interviewed about AI by Pattern’s Arlen Pettitt and Christopher Owens. Fact-checking remains an issue.

Report 119