article thumbnail

Fitness Marketing For Springtime

5W PR

Outdoor Workouts Gyms can leverage the warm weather by offering outdoor workouts, including yoga in the park, boot camp-style exercises on the beach and running groups on local trails. Partner with Local Businesses Partnering with local businesses is another way for gyms to attract new clients during the warmer months.

article thumbnail

Landis 32 Anniversary – How I Donated my $320: Part 3

Landis PR

In 2020, we celebrated Landis’s 30 th anniversary by donating $300 to nonprofits that are part of our team’s communities and support causes close to their hearts. The organization’s Climate Disaster Fund is a $1 billion commitment over the next decade to support communities impacted by the climate crisis.

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

Trending Sources

article thumbnail

Entertainment & Sports Section New Member Spotlight

PRSay

What we like to remind everybody that we are a very young sport. It went from being a spectacle to being a sport. Using local resources is huge. How do we want to engage people in the community so in the lead up to there is excitement, there’s fun? Unlike all of the other major leagues, be it in the U.S.

Sports 61
article thumbnail

8 Questions with Syracuse University’s Sports Legend, Michael Veley

Critical Mention

To say Michael Veley embodies sports is an understatement. Falk Center for Sport Management spanning more than two decades is, in a word, impressive. Which 3 tips do you have for anyone trying to break into the sports PR/marketing world? Passion and an insatiable appetite for sports; 2. By Robin Gelfenbien.

Sports 60
article thumbnail

Spotlight on a Solo PR Pro: Meet Stu Opperman, APR

Solo PR Pro

He developed a love of sports and print media at a young age, and set off to the University of Florida to pursue a degree in journalism. When he arrived on campus, however, he was amazed by the student-run broadcast stations, including radio and TV stations that would actually compete in the local market for ratings. “I

Meeting 131
article thumbnail

Meet the Media: Doug Bolduc, Managing Editor at Automotive News Europe

Bianchi Biz Blog

It won an award from the National Newspaper Association for community service. We are both in the media and we were once the weekend TV news and sports anchor team on the island of Guam. I started writing professionally at 17 years old as a sports correspondent for my local newspaper, the Milford (NH) Cabinet.

article thumbnail

When Tragedy Strikes in Sports – Making the Right Call with Your PR Plan

PRSay

In sports, on the playing field, and in sports PR, we aim to always be prepared for anything that comes our way and to “expect the unexpected,” but can we really ever expect to lose a young athlete with one of the brightest careers and futures ahead of him like we did with Fernandez? We will play tomorrow.”.

Sports 60