article thumbnail

Community for Career Development: A Look Inside One NAVUG Community Member’s Journey

Presspage

I’m a member of NAVUG , an online community that is the epitome of Margaret Mead's statement. If you will humor me and enjoy the story I am about to share, you too can build a thriving and successful online community in your sphere of influence. From Formal Education to Dedicated Mother. I joined two communities while at home.

Community 115
article thumbnail

How to Build a Stronger Business Through Community Engagement and Event Marketing

Burrelles Fresh Ideas

One of the ways to achieve this is by harnessing the power of in-person community engagement and event marketing. Establishing community-engagement goals When businesses embrace a community focus , they can gain a variety of benefits. Nevertheless, effective community engagement won’t take the same shape for every company.

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

The Role of PR in Transforming Consumer Finance

5W PR

From intimidation to inclusion For many years, the financial services industry was wrapped in an intricate web of complexity. Through a narrative focused on education, accessibility, and wellness, PR assists in dismantling the barriers of intimidation and fostering an inclusive environment within the consumer finance system.

article thumbnail

How the New York Public Library’s Blog Mobilizes Communities

Cision

And for nonprofit organizations on a budget, blogging can often be the most effective way to engage and mobilize communities. Since 2007, NYPL Blogs has showcased content that continues to inspire and educate a devoted audience. One organization that has mastered this method is the New York Public Library.

Community 120
article thumbnail

What’s in Your Fall 2014 Communications Toolkit?

Deirdre Breakenridge

It’s the end of the summer and fall marks the busy season for professionals, as well as PR educators and students who are back in school. Gearing up for a productive fall means having the most efficient tools in your PR and communications toolbox. It’s free for educators who want to bring the resource into their college classrooms.

article thumbnail

150+ Guest Posting Sites That Will Actually Build Traffic (Analysis)

Buzzstream

Monthly Traffic Category TechTarget Visit Site 90 24,405,210 Tech HubSpot Visit Site 93 13,568,895 Marketing Psychology Today Visit Site 92 7,277,409 Health Harvard Business Review Visit Site 92 4,569,356 Business Clutch Visit Site 89 2,326,171 Business 99designs Visit Site 85 1,736,711 Design Buffer Visit Site 90 1,506,648 IT UNiDAYS Visit Site 76 (..)

article thumbnail

PR Tips and Hacks for a Small Business

The Proactive Report

You can create your own groups on social media and build a community of engaged followers. Result: Web traffic increased time coincident with this campaign and they received more than 1600 downloads of the Guide. Education on a topic. When that story was told it generated a ton of interest in the community and the media.