article thumbnail

4 Ways PR Pros Find Local Networking Opportunities

Cision

Here are four networking tips for building relationships within your community. If you’re in PR, you should definitely be aware of PRSA, which has over 100 U.S.-based Join your local chapter to attend conferences and luncheons, meet other PR pros in your area, and hear from media experts. Groups and associations.

Local 120
article thumbnail

PR Rock Stars: Cambria’s Kelsey Dodson-Smith

Communications Conversations

She has a definite sense of style–just take a quick peek at her Insta page for proof! Being a homegrown Minnesotan, I grew up in this community and essentially have tater hotdish running through my veins. That being said, being a local has helped me connect in a different way with these brands. We have determination.

Airlines 116
Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Pitch the Media

PR for Anyone

Like you come up with a story idea and send it to your local ABC, NBC, CBS and FOX stations. If you’re sending a blanket press release which you know I definitely don’t recommend. Should you pitch the exact same story to the same or to different media outlets at the same time? The answer is, “No.”

Pitching 223
article thumbnail

HOW THE DIGITAL MEDIA AND MARKETING WORLD WILL EVOLVE IN 2020

5W PR

Even such things like location and business hours need to be correct and updated, when necessary to produce good results in local searches. COMMUNITY BUILDING. An interesting trend among some respondents is that they’re focused on building smaller and more connected communities on their social media platforms. CHATTERBOX.

Marketing 113
article thumbnail

Why are brands resisting social audio (and audio, in general)?

Communications Conversations

But, it’s definitely true. And, it’s definitely not built into Google searches nearly as much as blog and other online content is. Second, social and online audio squares with what I believe will be a big trend in 2022: More niche communities. Locally, I’m a loyal listener of the Power Trip Morning Show.

Brand 113
article thumbnail

Behind the Headlines with Mónica Cortés

Cision

What are some of the differences in building a communication strategy on a national level compared to a local level? However, one key difference that comes to mind is how the data is used to inform a campaign from national to local. The community shapes how we make decisions to interact and engage.

Local 227
article thumbnail

Source: Prince Harry ‘Is Not Unhappy.’ He and Meghan are ‘Excited,’ Planning Their Future

Mark My Words

“What people forget about Harry is that because he was trained to be in the firm, so as a result he is a man who is very tuned into concepts like public duty, service and community. It would definitely be a mistake for him to become too closely identified with the Hollywood glitz and the glamor. That’s Meghan’s world. “He

Film 60