Remove Banking Remove Community Remove How To Remove Internal
article thumbnail

PR Lessons From The Biggest Failures of 2023

ImPRessions - Crenshaw Communications

But the reaction in the gay and trans community was swift and angry, and sales suffered. Walk the walk before you talk: International Women’s Day It was more an embarrassment than a crisis, but in March of 2022, hundreds of companies marked International Women’s Day with promotions or social posts of support.

Banking 212
article thumbnail

5 Solos Share How to Break Into A Different Sector of Business

Solo PR Pro

There’s a whole community of like minded people you can lean on. 5 solo PR pros share how to break into a different sector of business. I bring my strategic communications expertise to a client. And that's ok because I know how to integrate their marketing and communications for real business value.

How To 104
article thumbnail

Now what? Down-to-earth advice for startups when the world is upside down.

Barokas

folks in the start-up and VC communities. while trying to get a grasp on how to manage through this madness. Pay attention to how things are working now, as we’ve all been forced to go. thinking about how to bring those efficiencies “back” or keep them when. You want to be the first in line at the bank, not the last.

Employee 129
article thumbnail

How public relations responded to COVID-19

Stephen Waddington

Practitioners helped build audiences for research projects, spearheaded hackathons, led the NHS communication response, underpinned support for NHS workers, vaccine uptake, community engagement, and business support. Celebrities from minority ethnic backgrounds created powerful video messages.

Publicity 131
article thumbnail

3 Reasons the AMEC International Summit in London Rocked

Waxing UnLyrical

I’ve been in London the last few days, attending my very first AMEC International Summit. In fact, it never ceases to amaze me just how much traction the Principles have received in just a few short years , when the “measurati” have been shouting themselves hoarse basically saying the same thing for decades.

article thumbnail

One key PR ethics lesson from the Pulse nightclub shooting – Ann Marie Varga

Ethical Voices

Pete area, but I’ve worked in agencies, corporations, and my experience spans a variety of industries including academia, banking, government, healthcare, tourism, and utilities. She was there beside me, helping me think about how best to take care of my team. I now live in the Tampa/St. I joined the circus, well, sort of.

Ethics 91
article thumbnail

Conference Recap: Reaching Rural Americans, Preventing Social Media Crises and Using the PESO Model

PRSay

Here are some highlights from three professional development sessions at the PRSA 2017 International Conference in Boston on Oct. 8–10: Breaking Misconceptions About Communicating With Rural Americans. 10, titled “ Rural Reach: Strategic Communication With Rural and Low Income Audiences.” Meet people where they are.