article thumbnail

Writing Your First Book: Lessons from The Lean Startup

Deirdre Breakenridge

What is the hardest part about writing a book?”. Most writers I have come across tell me writing a book is both extremely rewarding and at the same time one of the biggest challenges they have ever taken on. The idea is simple, but powerful: Test your idea for a book before investing too much of your time actually writing the book.

article thumbnail

The #PRStudChat Community Discusses Mysteries of Media Pitching on September 20th

Deirdre Breakenridge

A former newspaper journalist, Michael has won national and regional awards for news release and feature writing. He has also taught public relations courses at Brigham Young University, where he earlier earned bachelors and master’s degrees in communications with an emphasis in public relations. About Spin Sucks.

Community 157
Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

5 Solos Share Best Practices for Writing a Compelling Proposal

Solo PR Pro

There’s a whole community of like minded people you can lean on. 5 solo PR pros share tips for writing a proposal. This month, we asked our panel of solo PR pros to share best practices for writing a compelling proposal for a prospective client. The videos are short — typically 2-5 minutes — but they’re effective.

Writing 104
article thumbnail

Content analysis tool BuzzSumo adds journalist database for SMBs [PR tech sum no. 48]

Sword and the Script

I’ve been writing this monthly column about PR technology companies for nearly five years – and I’m still continuously reminded that while these companies make software for communicators, they are not typically communication experts. PR tech mentions Video makers. Meltwater gamifies customer community.

Analysis 147
article thumbnail

The 5 Basic Steps to Using Video for PR

Cision

Writing a press release and pitching your message to journalists remain key elements of a PR strategy, but creating video content dramatically changes the way your target audience talks about your brand. With video content, an organization initiates brand recall more quickly and efficiently. Determine the purpose of your video.

Video 120
article thumbnail

Diego Pineda on Why you Need Thought Leadership vs. Content Marketing

Flack's Revenge

We discussed the topic in detail, and Diego expounded on these areas: How to develop a unique framework and PoV Why it is important to take a stand The need to publish or perish How and where to cutlivate communities Influencers vs. creators vs. thought leaders. He started his career as a medical writer while writing fiction on the side.

article thumbnail

Script Writing Tips to Get Started with Online Video Marketing

Beyond PR

It’s these moments in video marketing that can transform a data- or information-heavy message into compelling, easy-to-understand, and profitable content, as seen in our Intermedia-MultiVu Creative Services case study. Start with these five steps to write a script that impresses viewers and converts leads. Instead, break it up.

Video 40