article thumbnail

Pitch the Media

PR for Anyone

You’ve been ready my posts for years, watching the YouTube videos, and you’re ready to pitch. But the big question I get all the time is, “do I pitch the same story to all the different media outlets at the same time?” He read that entire pitch AND booked her for a segment. ” The answer is no.

Pitching 223
article thumbnail

5 Tips to Pitching Success – When PR Stands for “Personal” Relations

Deirdre Breakenridge

As I found editorial success for my agency’s clients, I was able to branch out and pitch radio and television broadcast opportunities. There have been times that I’ve been pitched and people know my background and even how much I love my dogs and that I have grown up kids. Be flexible in your pitch.

Pitching 150
Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Skidz brainstorm as agency readies pitch

Stephen Waddington

Agency teams are working on their pitches for the Skidz account. I’m following a team as it prepares its pitch response. Newspapers and television are for old people. The digital pants community is a huge opportunity. This blog got exclusive access to a brainstorm in one of London’s leading creative shops.

article thumbnail

Public Relations Skills

PR for Anyone

As a real estate agent, it’s important to be the “famous” agent in your community. This is what you use to attract and pitch the media. Getting local media coverage makes you a star in your community. 2) Niche what you do and pitch around that. It’s how you get the journalist to read your email pitch. It’s Google.

article thumbnail

How To Score A Great Local News Story: 5 PR Tips

ImPRessions - Crenshaw Communications

For example, survey results or breaking news at a national company will be pitched to national media, whereas region-specific news will be offered to local reporters. A study found that 76% of Americans trust local television news, – a confidence level that’s over 20% higher than trust in national news. Lead with the local hook.

Local 292
article thumbnail

The Enduring Significance of Broadcast Media: Why TV and Radio Remain Essential for PR Professionals

Burrelles Fresh Ideas

In today’s digital age, where streaming platforms and online media dominate the landscape, it’s essential not to overlook traditional broadcast media’s enduring relevance and significance, such as television and radio. Older individuals, particularly those over 50, are more likely to rely on television for news rather than the internet.

Radio 74
article thumbnail

3 Takeaways From a PR Pro on the Receiving End of Media Pitches

PR News

Andrew Hayes, VP, corporate communications at Fifth Third Bank, has seen media relations from the other side, and he wasn’t too impressed by the view. After running his own PR agency for 10 years, he joined NBC Television as PR manager for a national daytime talk show and later on led PR and community relations… Continued.

Pitching 119