article thumbnail

PR software vendors are starting to talk security in generative AI pitches [PR Tech Sum No. 46]

Sword and the Script

This means my last summary of PR tech news was in early June – and in the eight weeks since, there’s been a number of annucments from the solution provider community. The PR software community has taken note and they are responding. You can instruct the AI to make your customized pitches pithy or “elaborative” as you might need.

Software 121
article thumbnail

Pithy PR Pitches Get a Better Response Rate Study Says; Are We AI-ed Out? [PR Tech Sum No. 44]

Sword and the Script

Short PR pitches – 150 words or less – had a better response rate (5.89%) than long pitches (1.46%) – 500 pitches or more, according to data analyzed by Propel. That brings us to the first story in this month’s PR tech sum – which covers news from the vendor community over the last month. We might be all AI-ed out.

Pitching 122
Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Pitch Smarter: A Conversation With OnePitch Co-Founder Jered Martin

Solo PR Pro

What would help you to pitch smarter — to better target your media list and pitch journalists the way they want to be pitched? When Jered and his team first launched OnePitch in 2017, it was set up as a kind of “reverse HARO” where journalists could opt in to receive regular pitches.

Pitching 111
article thumbnail

5 Tips to Pitching Success – When PR Stands for “Personal” Relations

Deirdre Breakenridge

As I found editorial success for my agency’s clients, I was able to branch out and pitch radio and television broadcast opportunities. So, as a blogger for the past seven years and a podcaster more recently, here are my five tips for pitching success and how PR stands for “Personal” Relations: Know about me, but know more about my community.

Pitching 150
article thumbnail

Less publicized but more interesting takeaways from 3 reports on marketing and PR

Sword and the Script

PR pitches earn a 45% open rate and a 3% response rate; the top metrics for marcom and PR by segment; Europe is more satisfied with PR agencies than the U.S. The vendor community that serves PR has published a handful of reports over the last few months. The company’s measures are based on the pitches sent through their systems.

Report 105
article thumbnail

Skidz brainstorm as agency readies pitch

Stephen Waddington

Agency teams are working on their pitches for the Skidz account. I’m following a team as it prepares its pitch response. CREATIVE TEAM: use scamps in the pitch deck showing a woman pointing a phone at a man and seeing his pants - this is countercultural and should be in line with the ASA’s guidelines on gender stereotypes.

article thumbnail

PR Tech Recommends Reporters You Should Pitch [PR Tech Sum]

Sword and the Script

OnePitch recommends reporters to pitch; ResponseSource shuts down #journorequest curation; Meltwater acquires Owler; Critical Mention adds “cast & crew” TV data. OnePitch feature recommends reporters to pitch. In a video tutorial, the company says it will start making recommendations after you’ve sent three or more pitches.