article thumbnail

A Year-Round Commitment to the PRSA Code of Ethics

PRSay

In a letter to members at the start of 2023, PRSA Chair Michelle Egan, APR, Fellow PRSA, outlined her priorities for the year, including: “Amplifying our Code of Ethics to ensure that not only our members, but also our entire community at large know what professional communications should entail.”

Ethics 167
article thumbnail

A Case for Marketing Ethics

Mindful Marketing

So, I was surprised recently when a student waited until others had left, then said, “Hey, Dr. Hagenbuch, I have a question about an ethical issue.” He provided the firm different forms of marketing support, including help with social media. ” The inquiry wasn’t entirely unexpected.

Ethics 94
Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

#PRStudChat Celebrates Ethics Month with a September 21st Twitter Chat

Deirdre Breakenridge

Throughout the month of September, the Public Relations Society of America (PRSA), holds several different activities and events to educate members, professionals and students on modern ethics. Join Dr. Here are some of the questions and topics that we will be discussing; What does ethics in PR really mean? About #PRStudChat.

Ethics 263
article thumbnail

ESAs: The Fad-Free Way to Build Your Ethics Muscle

PRSay

Without a doubt, I dread the surgeon’s knife again — just nowhere near as much as I fear facing an ethical challenge professionally and getting it wrong. For nearly two decades, the PRSA Board of Ethics and Professional Standards (BEPS) has offered analysis on current practice issues and challenges through Ethical Standards Advisories (ESAs).

Ethics 178
article thumbnail

Are Leaders Expected to take a FEEL First Approach to Social Media?

Deirdre Breakenridge

On June 13th, the #PRStudChat community gathered for a discussion on “Learning Leadership Skills.” Ken and our community of PR students, educators and pros shared their knowledge on how leadership is more than a fancy title, big office or a large salary. How can leaders communicate more effectively through social media?”

article thumbnail

The #PRStudChat Community Discusses PR, Twitter & Politics on Tuesday, October 11th

Deirdre Breakenridge

ET, the #PRStudChat Community will gather to discuss PR, Twitter and Politics from local cities to the state houses to the national government, all while reaching and communicating to a global audience focused on this year’s election. What is the impact of the ethics behind the use of bots & bot proxy networks to spread messages?

Twitter 293
article thumbnail

Research, Communication Crucial Before Collaborating With Influencers

PRSay

Each September, PRSA recognizes Ethics Month to bring increased attention to the core foundation of the communications profession. Please visit prsa.org/ethics for additional programming and ethics resources and PRSA’s social media platforms for updates throughout the month. In May 2023, the U.S.