article thumbnail

Brands Must Show They Understand and Respect the LGBTQ Community, PRSA Webinar Panelists Say

PRSay

PRSA recently hosted a webinar in its Diverse Dialogues series to celebrate LGBTQ Pride Month. Featuring some of the country’s leading LGBTQ communications professionals, the event covered how PR practitioners can engage with and support the LGBTQ community. We all have to take responsibility for each other.

Community 170
article thumbnail

Communicators Discuss Challenges for the Asian American & Pacific Islander Community

PRSay

On May 19, PRSA hosted the first webinar in its Diverse Dialogues series to celebrate Asian American & Pacific Islander Heritage Month. The webinar featured some of the country’s leading Asian American communications professionals and how they are navigating the effects of COVID-19 within the AAPI community.

Community 143
Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

Trending Sources

article thumbnail

Community for Career Development: A Look Inside One NAVUG Community Member’s Journey

Presspage

I’m a member of NAVUG , an online community that is the epitome of Margaret Mead's statement. If you will humor me and enjoy the story I am about to share, you too can build a thriving and successful online community in your sphere of influence. Online communities and learning were unleashed to the masses.

Community 115
article thumbnail

PR Strategies to Destigmatize Mental Health and Wellness

5W PR

These campaigns can be shared through social media, press releases, webinars, and workshops. By working together, PR professionals and mental health organizations can amplify messages and resources, reaching a larger audience and fostering a sense of community.

article thumbnail

The 22 Responsibilities of PR and What They Entail

Onclusive

Corporate Communications As companies grow, corporate communications become more important. Corporate communicators regularly work with stakeholders across the organization to develop and distribute pertinent info to employees and key affiliates. How do you know what’s working? Have we missed any responsibilities of PR?

Training 195
article thumbnail

Communicators Can Help Americans Vote in 2020

PRSay

Please join the #PRDiversity discussion via @PRSADiversity and follow along with our D&I-related blog posts, webinars and Twitter Chats throughout the month. 6 webinar sponsored by PRSA’s Diversity & Inclusion Committee. which is one of many companies giving employees time off to vote.

article thumbnail

Building an impactful communications team with clear roles, responsibilities, scope and budget

Onclusive

While as an executive, you might feel more familiar with the needs of shareholders, customers, and employees, communication professionals are traditionally geared towards journalists, policymakers, and communities.