Remove Advertising Remove Community Remove Local Remove Meeting
article thumbnail

Nonprofit Local News Gains Steam

PRSay

24, Chuck Todd of NBC’s “Meet the Press” shared his insights on the state of journalism and its future. It was refreshing to hear Todd’s optimistic vision for a future in which a more independent news media will regain the public’s trust and return to covering local communities with a sense of shared values.

Nonprofit 174
article thumbnail

Navigating Media At High-Profile Events

ImPRessions - Crenshaw Communications

And the biggest of these events – like the Cannes Advertising Festival, the Consumer Electronics Show, or the E3 Expo, attract equally high-profile media. Planning your meeting around a meal, or offering refreshment in a private room at your booth or hotel is often a good idea. . Consider The Impact on Local Communities.

Media 294
Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Spotlight on a Solo PR Pro: Meet Stu Opperman, APR

Solo PR Pro

When he arrived on campus, however, he was amazed by the student-run broadcast stations, including radio and TV stations that would actually compete in the local market for ratings. “I His friend, Jeff, a partner at a prominent local accounting firm, reached out to Stu about potentially working with him.

Meeting 131
article thumbnail

Meet the Media: Mary Gannon, Editor-in-Chief of Fluid Power World & Senior Editor at Design World

Bianchi Biz Blog

I assign articles to our in-house and freelance staff, work with our graphic artist for our print layout and designs, and work with our sales and management team to ensure our content meets our editorial mission and help with sales. It’s an easy job because this industry is truly full of the best people and I enjoy my time with them.

Meeting 72
article thumbnail

The Importance of Networking in Public Relations

5W PR

Career advancement Many PR job opportunities aren’t advertised. These networking events are fertile ground for meeting like-minded professionals and expanding a PR network. Following up After meeting someone, follow up with a personalized message or email. They’re filled through referrals and recommendations.

Publicity 103
article thumbnail

3 Ways to Reach LGBTQ Consumers in the New Normal

PRSay

With more than $1 trillion of buying power and a lot of disposable income, the LGBTQ community will most likely come out in force when the country reopens for business. History and research have shown that this community is one of the first to resume travel and shopping after periods of uncertainty. Support LGBTQ charities.

Consumer 109
article thumbnail

Helsinki, Finland – Growth Path Ahead

Landis PR

YLE, the state-owned communications company, broadcasts on four television channels visible throughout the country. Finland’s most listened-to radio channel is Yle Radio Finland , which is not an advertising-funded channel. A good place to connect and meet contacts. Finland’s largest commercial television channel is MTV3.

Radio 64