Remove 2015 Remove Community Remove Company Remove Local
article thumbnail

3 Reasons to Build a Niche Community

Cision

Many PR pros who aim to get coverage in high-visibility media outlets and at a national level often overlook great opportunities available in their own communities. We’ve got three reasons why you should build up your niche community: 1. Local members of the media are on the lookout for attention-grabbing area news. Familiarity.

Community 120
article thumbnail

#PRStudChat Halloween Special: Nightmares of a PR professional

Deirdre Breakenridge

Participants will be asked to share their thoughts and advice on a number of scenarios, including: · The phone rings with a reporter from @NYTimes who shares allegations of insider training by your company executives. · You go to the company Facebook page and find an alarming number of posts expressing outrage over a recent price increase. ·

Crisis 312
Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Applauding the community at the Fringe

PR Conversations

It’s understood that the play’s the thing; however, it was the vibrant community found around each performance that proved an unexpected volunteer adventure at The Toronto Fringe festival 2015. Observations on a company of communal stakeholders. TheatrePasseMuraille (@beyondwallsTPM) July 7, 2015.

article thumbnail

#measurePR Recap (July 2015): Internal Communications

Waxing UnLyrical

measurePR community member, Sarah Parker chimed in: Q2: Have a benchmark. To engage/motivate your internal community, you need to understand the ‘state of the union.’ Volunteer your internal communications services to a local charity or nonprofit. ’ #internalcomms #measurepr. measurepr.

article thumbnail

My CIPR CPD (continuous professional development) goals for 2015

Stuart Bruce

But as an independent practitioner it’s harder than being in a company. My CIPR CPD targets for 2015. Speaking to sales reps of relevant companies. Experimenting with paid media locally for my wife Karen Bruce who is a local councillor. Local FE evening class courses? ? What do I need to know?

article thumbnail

The 2 Types of Social Network to Navigate for Social Listening

Cision

As of January 2015, more than 2 billion people spend a little over two hours on their social media accounts each day. Profile-centric social networks attempt to separate businesses from the masses by limiting people to one user profile and directing businesses to set up company pages rather than profiles. Get the LiSTEN e-book today!

Pinterest 120
article thumbnail

The Power of 1,000 Voices – A Day at the Second Annual Women In Cloud Summit

Barokas

It was inspiring to see the growth of the conference over the previous year, and the community that has formed around a common goal of inspiring, connecting and accelerating the growth of women in technology. Here are a few nuggets that stood out to me: You don’t have to be highly technical to start a technology company.