article thumbnail

How PR Can Solve Its Diversity Problem

ImPRessions - Crenshaw Communications

Its success hinges on a genuine understanding of diverse communities and cultures. Externally, having a workforce that reflects the communities served is beneficial to any PR team because those communities make up our stakeholders and our audiences. Industry groups like PRSA are vowing to do the same.

Employee 156
article thumbnail

2016 Global Social Journalism Study: How to Reach More Journalists on Social Media

Cision

According to Cision’s 2016 Global Social Journalism Study published this week, nearly half (48 percent) of U.S. Just take a look at the following snapshot from the Global Social Journalism Study. Audio-visual sharing tools like YouTube see the biggest difference between age groups and journalistic content.

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Why the ‘Stealing Thunder Theory’ of Crisis Comms Requires Focus and Intent

PRSay

Communicating bad news first — and incorporating values, actions and corrective measures — positions the organization to demonstrate its commitment to doing the right thing, even when mistakes occur. That said, the communications world today is intensely disrupted.

Crisis 141
article thumbnail

Nonprofit Local News Gains Steam

PRSay

24, Chuck Todd of NBC’s “Meet the Press” shared his insights on the state of journalism and its future. It was refreshing to hear Todd’s optimistic vision for a future in which a more independent news media will regain the public’s trust and return to covering local communities with a sense of shared values.

Nonprofit 176
article thumbnail

PRGN Hong Kong Meeting 2024: Why meeting in person is still important

Landis PR

That means that I can call my colleague Judy Kuramata at Integrate Communications in Tokyo to ask if she has any background on a journalist I’m pitching at the Wall Street Journal bureau there. I can rely on a trusted partner like Cullen Communications in Dublin to advise on launching neurodiversity services for a healthcare client.

Meeting 59
article thumbnail

How to Segment Journalists By Social Media Use

Cision

And you hear journalists complain about this lack of differentiation in how the PR community pitches them. The Cision 2017 Global Social Journalism Study provides some very tangible insights into the social media perception and behaviors of journalists. Architects” are the most pro-social group of journalists. Messengers.

article thumbnail

In Memoriam: Joe S. Epley, APR, Fellow PRSA

PRSay

He was also a founding partner in Worldcom Public Relations Group, a network of independent firms that grew to include businesses in 35 countries. where they both became active in the community, volunteering their time and expertise in organizations such as Thermal Belt Outreach Ministry and Polk County Historical Society.

Ethics 167