article thumbnail

Brands Must Show They Understand and Respect the LGBTQ Community, PRSA Webinar Panelists Say

PRSay

PRSA recently hosted a webinar in its Diverse Dialogues series to celebrate LGBTQ Pride Month. Featuring some of the country’s leading LGBTQ communications professionals, the event covered how PR practitioners can engage with and support the LGBTQ community. We all have to take responsibility for each other.

Community 189
article thumbnail

The Importance of Community Relations in Healthcare

Landis PR

By Liza Batallones When you think of healthcare groups or pharmaceutical companies, maybe a doctor’s face pops into your head or that clever commercial with the unique-sounding drug name comes to mind. AND, they provide an important service to the community. I know I can visualize almost every one of those commercials!

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Community for Career Development: A Look Inside One NAVUG Community Member’s Journey

Presspage

I’m a member of NAVUG , an online community that is the epitome of Margaret Mead's statement. If you will humor me and enjoy the story I am about to share, you too can build a thriving and successful online community in your sphere of influence. Online communities and learning were unleashed to the masses.

Community 115
article thumbnail

Pride Month in a Year of Loathing: Allies Needed

PRSay

The state of Pride in 2024 is grim: Companies and organizations are reportedly planning to be less engaged and less vocal in celebrating and embracing Pride this year. For many in the LGBTQ+ community, this feels like a year of loathing instead of a celebration of everyone’s rights being fully protected and respected.

article thumbnail

Unlocking the Science of Influencer Marketing [Webinar This Week]

Cision

During our upcoming webinar Influence By The Numbers, Cision Senior VP of Customer Service Heidi Sullivan will show you how to crack the code of influencer marketing. “This is the definition that I like to use: An influencer is a person whose voice resonates with his or her community and can inspire that community to take action.”

Marketing 120
article thumbnail

ESG Sustainability Awards Offer Important Guidance For Companies And Stakeholders

Landis PR

Photo courtesy of Pixabay Many awards aiming to measure large companies’ ESG (environmental, social and governance) performance suffer from non-transparent jury selection processes. Furthermore, all companies that take part in the award receive an evaluation of the quality of their reporting. No jury here!

Company 59
article thumbnail

Webinar Recap: The Do’s and Don’ts of Maintaining Business Wikipedia Pages

Solo PR Pro

Last month, Josh Greene , author of “Wikipedia for Business 2021: The Rules & Latest Developments that Businesses & Communicators Need to Know to Succeed,” shared his insights on the ins and outs of Wikipedia in a webinar moderated by Solo PR Pro President, Karen Swim. Below are some of the key insights from the webinar.