article thumbnail

3 Trends for Comms Pros to Watch 1 Month Into 2024

PRSay

Communications trends that emerged in 2023 promise to gain further momentum as 2024 continues. Nicole Gainer is an associate vice president at Red Thread PR , a Brownstein Group PR specialty agency that brings an integrated, multichannel mindset to connecting B2B and B2C brands to their customers, communities and industries.

Trends 186
article thumbnail

3 Ways to Expand Your Reach Within the Hispanic Community

Cision

While many people who identify as Hispanic in the United States receive their news in English, that trend may be due to a lack of Spanish translations rather than a desire to consume news in English. the ever-growing Hispanic-American population is already one of the largest ethnic groups in the country.

Community 225
Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

9 (realistic) social media trends for 2020

Communications Conversations

For the last few years, I’ve been developing a “Social Media Trends” presentation in January that I’ve now given more than 20 times. While I don’t proclaim to be a trend-spotter, I do keep up with social media trends each week–mostly because I have to! For this blog. Louis Park.

article thumbnail

Facebook’s pushing Groups, but how can brands really use them?

One big trend I see accelerating in the social media world in 2019 is the move to more “community” and less “let’s go viral” It’s something I talked about in my trends presentation I put together that I’ve given now to five different groups in the Twin Cities.

Groups 68
article thumbnail

Less “let’s go viral” and more “let’s build community”

While Holmes talked about how we’re in the midst of transitioning to a post-social-media landscape, I envision another stark trend: The comeback of community. Fewer people are talking about virality and shares, and more people are talking about community. You were building a community. People are craving community.

Viral 98
article thumbnail

5 social media trends we’ll see during the rest of the COVID-19 outbreak

Just a few months ago, I set out to create my annual social media trends presentation , which I’ve now given to a handful of audiences. If we weren’t in the middle of a pandemic, I’d be giving that presentation to other groups in the weeks ahead. The community comeback. Actively responding to more comments.

article thumbnail

3 Essential PR Trends to Monitor in the New Year and Decade

PRSay

While I wish there was a perfect crystal ball, the best we can do are our own professional insights — and here are some trends that we foresee being worth watching in 2020 and beyond: User- g enerated content. This includes newsletters, closed Facebook groups and social media pages, among other places.

Trends 167