article thumbnail

Status report: artificial intelligence (AI) in public relations

Wadds Inc.

The impact of AI on public relations is set to be transformative for public relations practice,­­­­ but it will demand updated practitioner capabilities. We have almost certainly underestimated the medium to long-term impact of AI on public relations. The AI industry recognises the need to develop enterprise-level solutions.

Report 119
article thumbnail

Insights into the future role of public relations in management

Wadds Inc.

My original thesis was that public relations practice had been elevated in management during the COVID-19 pandemic and that the situation might provide insight into the future development of practice. It’s as easy to make the case that public relations is a force for good, as it is for evil. I’ve set these out in this document.

article thumbnail

New book: AI tools for public relations

Wadds Inc.

I’ve launched a new book today about artificial intelligence (AI) tools for public relations. The practical handbook has its roots in the #PRstack community that Frederik Vincx and I developed. The community published two guides to tools in public relations and has been inactive since 2015.

Tools 52
article thumbnail

How to choose a public relations dissertation topic

Stephen Waddington

Media and public relations are rich areas for research. I deliver an annual lecture for media and public relations students at Newcastle University about contemporary areas of practice. They make a genuine contribution to the professional body of knowledge in public relations. It’s a start point to for dissertation topics.

Publicity 103
article thumbnail

Adding Influencers to Your Pet PR Strategy

5W PR

Building trust and brand affinity Beloved pet influencers are acknowledged as peers within their community of devoted animal devotees, each genuinely invested in the health and happiness of their furry companions. The post Adding Influencers to Your Pet PR Strategy appeared first on Public Relations Blog | 5W PR Agency | PR Firm.

article thumbnail

The 22 Responsibilities of PR and What They Entail

Onclusive

Whether you’re a new PR assistant or the Director of Communications, the core of your job revolves around using news and content to put forth your brand’s desired messaging. Our job descriptions tell us what we’ll be responsible for in a given public relations or communications role, but we rarely reference the J.D.

Training 195
article thumbnail

In praise of the press release

Wadds Inc.

Public relations is locked into content and workflow that is more than 100 years old. Lee would have no problems recognising the modern version of his original document. He lamented its abuse as a means of community engagement with a variety of marketing audiences or publics. Press releases are nearly useless.