Remove Brand Remove Community Remove Ethics Remove Writing
article thumbnail

United we Brand? Top Reads on Corporate Activism

Flack's Revenge

Should brands take a stand? So, what’s a brand (and their top execs) to do? Fence-sitters might alienate those who want to know the brand’s political and social colors. The ensuing narrative has been that “taking a stand is no longer an option for brands.” Should CEOs speak out on social, civil and political issues?

Corporate 198
article thumbnail

Content analysis tool BuzzSumo adds journalist database for SMBs [PR tech sum no. 48]

Sword and the Script

I’ve been writing this monthly column about PR technology companies for nearly five years – and I’m still continuously reminded that while these companies make software for communicators, they are not typically communication experts. This feature fine-tunes content, aligns tone with brand guidelines”; Recommended topics.

Analysis 151
Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

The Major Ethical Issues in Employee Communications – Ethan McCarty  

Ethical Voices

Joining me on this week’s episode is Ethan McCarty , the founder and CEO of Integral , an award-winning employee activation agency serving leaders of communications, HR, marketing, and technology. He shares some great public relations ethics insights including: The ongoing ethical challenge of creating shared beliefs.

Ethics 80
article thumbnail

Why World #PressFreedom Day Matters to Brands Now More than Ever

Cision

Journalists are still trusted, but believe that the public trusts them less due to the subversive censorship tactics of special interest groups, the inflamed political climate and brands that aren’t totally honest in their PR practices. Without free press, there will be no avenue for brands to tell their story.

Brand 253
article thumbnail

Ethical Issues in Merging the Science and Art of Public Relations: Aaron Kwittken

Ethical Voices

Joining me on this week’s episode is Aaron Kwittken , the founder and chairman of KWT Global , a global PR and brand strategy firm, and the founder of PRophet. Ethical issues in merging the science and art of public relations. I also have a podcast called Brand on Purpose , I’m a contributor to The Drum.

Ethics 52
article thumbnail

Managing Conflicts in a ‘Cancel-Culture’ Environment

PRSay

Each September, PRSA celebrates Ethics Month, featuring programs presented by the PRSA Board of Ethics and Professional Standards (BEPS). Please join the discussion via #PRSAChat and #EthicsMonth, and follow along with our ethics-related blog posts, webinars and Twitter Chats throughout the month. Update your conflict policy.

Ethics 136
article thumbnail

PR software vendors are starting to talk security in generative AI pitches [PR Tech Sum No. 46]

Sword and the Script

This means my last summary of PR tech news was in early June – and in the eight weeks since, there’s been a number of annucments from the solution provider community. The PR software community has taken note and they are responding. A code of ethics isn’t a bad idea. It makes sense. Fair enough.

Software 128