article thumbnail

A Case for Marketing Ethics

Mindful Marketing

So, I was surprised recently when a student waited until others had left, then said, “Hey, Dr. Hagenbuch, I have a question about an ethical issue.” I felt for Grant in this predicament, but I also was very glad that he not only recognized there was an ethical issue, he was conflicted enough by it that he wanted to talk about it.

Ethics 94
article thumbnail

This Week in PR Ethics (5/18/23): Taking on Climate Lies

Ethical Voices

On Reddit in science-driven communities, 51% of the posts highlighted climate skepticism claims, and on skeptical community subreddits, unsurprisingly only 33% of discussions support the current scientific consensus. Additionally, many of these news outlets have content teams to help native advertisers write copy.

Ethics 80
Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Content analysis tool BuzzSumo adds journalist database for SMBs [PR tech sum no. 48]

Sword and the Script

I’ve been writing this monthly column about PR technology companies for nearly five years – and I’m still continuously reminded that while these companies make software for communicators, they are not typically communication experts. Meltwater gamifies customer community. Content picks PR ethics. Trust but verify.

Analysis 144
article thumbnail

Preserving Authenticity: The Nuances of Ethical Storytelling in Advocacy Communications – Zainab Chaudary

Ethical Voices

I met her at a great session on AI and political communications hosted by Peter Loge at George Washington University. What is the most difficult ethical challenge you ever confronted? The community also didn’t always know what was strategically sound or how to get media attention. That momentum was amazing.

Ethics 69
article thumbnail

People Are Not Props – Christie Goodman

Ethical Voices

Joining me on this week’s episode is Christie Goodman , the director of communication for the Intercultural Development Research Association. I’ve also volunteered a lot with Girl Scouts, and March of Dimes, and I’m writing a memoir. Everything we do is based on research and data and in concert with communities.

Ethics 79
article thumbnail

Ethical Issues in Merging the Science and Art of Public Relations: Aaron Kwittken

Ethical Voices

Ethical issues in merging the science and art of public relations. Thinking about all the crisis work and all the different hats you’ve worn, what is the most difficult ethical challenge you ever confronted? I learned the ethics challenge very early on in my career. How do we create belonging in a hybrid environment?

Ethics 52
article thumbnail

Public relations and professionalism: work to do to realise full potential

Stephen Waddington

A body of knowledge, ethics and certification are the three foundations of a profession. Practitioners and academics operate in almost entirely separate communities. Betteke van Ruler borrowed the title of a poplar book on gender issues to describe the situation between the two communities. To provide contextual intelligence.

Publicity 167