Remove Agency Remove Community Remove Definition Remove International
article thumbnail

How PR Can Solve Its Diversity Problem

ImPRessions - Crenshaw Communications

Its success hinges on a genuine understanding of diverse communities and cultures. It was refreshing and exciting and definitely influenced my decision to join the agency. Culture is reflected through values, behaviors, beliefs, communication, and thinking; however, cultural representation in the workplace often falls short.

Employee 156
article thumbnail

Discussing the Values-Aligned Company on the PRGN Podcast??

Landis PR

Landis Communications’ president Sean Dowdall appeared on the Public Relations Global Network (PRGN) podcast to discuss how he runs the agency as a values-aligned company. Sean is in conversation with Abbie Fink from partner agency HMA Public Relations. My parents supported tribal growth and success.

Company 64
Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

Trending Sources

article thumbnail

#PRStudChat Gathers on June 13th to Learn Leadership Skills

Deirdre Breakenridge

Our community will also learn the importance of observing the leaders in an organization (regardless of their titles). Some of the topics/questions Ken and the #PRStudChat community will answer include: 1. What’s your definition of leadership? What’s the difference between management and leadership? About Ken Jacobs.

article thumbnail

Trends in the integration of marketing and public relations

Stephen Waddington

Indeed, paper published in The Journal of Marketing in 1978 suggested that alignment of marketing and communication functions drove better business outcomes. We spoke to the leaders of marketing and public relations functions working in agencies and in-house to understand the opportunity for the integration of marketing and public relations.

Trends 157
article thumbnail

One key PR ethics lesson from the Pulse nightclub shooting – Ann Marie Varga

Ethical Voices

Pete area, but I’ve worked in agencies, corporations, and my experience spans a variety of industries including academia, banking, government, healthcare, tourism, and utilities. Thinking about your career from circus to healthcare to agency, what is the most difficult ethical challenge you ever confronted?

Ethics 91
article thumbnail

ICON 2023 Q&A: Comms VP Alex Ebanks on the Key Skill PR Pros Need Today

PRSay

Ebanks is the vice president of communications at Essence Ventures, overseeing all executive, external and internal communications for the private equity company that aims to empower, connect and give ownership to Black communities. I would tell myself to start at a PR agency and spend at least three to five years there.

article thumbnail

Supporting your client partnerships with PR

Landis PR

Joint public relations campaigns and announcements can be readily managed, especially with an agency involved, and yield highly productive and strategic results for all partners. Public-private partnerships, like last year’s opening of a new behavioral health center serving vulnerable communities in San Francisco.