article thumbnail

The #PRStudChat Community Discusses PR, Twitter & Politics on Tuesday, October 11th

Deirdre Breakenridge

With the 2016 Presidential Election Campaign being coined “The Twitter Election” there is no question that Twitter is topical. Together, we’ll be diving into Twitter and whether social media is altering or impacting the messages we receive. How many different ways can Twitter work as a political “platform”?

Twitter 293
article thumbnail

Five Activities to Grow your Twitter Community

Deirdre Breakenridge

My course, Social Media and Public Relations, kicked off last week with the students building and branding their Twitter profiles and actively engaging in our classroom community (#UMASSPRSM). You have to build your community through transparency, meaningful conversations and relationships that blossom organically.

Community 150
article thumbnail

Effectively Engage and Build Your Community Through Podcasting

Deirdre Breakenridge

It’s a crowded field to be sure, but it also offers an excellent, and even underused, opportunity for businesses to increase engagement with its community. Think of your community when podcasting instead of focusing solely on promotion. Some constituencies may not be familiar with podcasting, so teach them how to use the technology.

Community 206
article thumbnail

Guest Post: How Twitter Became My Platform of Choice

Deirdre Breakenridge

We joined the worldwide movement, “Everyone Should Learn to Code” with a community outreach program, #EveryoneCanCreateApps. Since it wasn’t resonating with editors, I decided to try Twitter. Determined to get results, I taught myself Twitter in one weekend. Using Twitter makes me smarter.

Twitter 208
article thumbnail

PRStudChat & PR20Chat Kick off the Busy Season With a “Back to School #PRToolkit” Twitter Chat on Sept. 9th

Deirdre Breakenridge

ET, the #PRStudChat and #PR20Chat communities will gather for a joint Twitter chat discussion on finding the most effective resources to include in a “Back to School #PRToolkit.”. We’ll be discussing everything from networking, relationship building and ethical communication to channel participation, new tools and productive apps.

Twitter 324
article thumbnail

How to Build a Stronger Business Through Community Engagement and Event Marketing

Burrelles Fresh Ideas

One of the ways to achieve this is by harnessing the power of in-person community engagement and event marketing. Establishing community-engagement goals When businesses embrace a community focus , they can gain a variety of benefits. Nevertheless, effective community engagement won’t take the same shape for every company.

article thumbnail

3 Ways to Expand Your Reach Within the Hispanic Community

Cision

In addition to this, the term “Hispanic” incorporates a very large group of people with varying cultures and lifestyles, and it’s important to understand the individual, unique subgroups within the community as a whole. For instance, big cities tend to have larger Hispanic communities, which affects the volume and type of media consumption.

Community 225