article thumbnail

Can Ethical PRs Represent Unethical Clients?

ImPRessions - Crenshaw Communications

At the same time, there’s a bigger incentive for communicators to do the right thing. Just look at the pressure on the comms team at Facebook, which has come to epitomize the struggle to do ethical work at a company that is acting in bad faith. What does this mean for the PR community? Negative baggage has a cost, too.

Ethics 361
article thumbnail

A Case for Marketing Ethics

Mindful Marketing

So, I was surprised recently when a student waited until others had left, then said, “Hey, Dr. Hagenbuch, I have a question about an ethical issue.” I felt for Grant in this predicament, but I also was very glad that he not only recognized there was an ethical issue, he was conflicted enough by it that he wanted to talk about it.

Ethics 94
Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

ESAs: The Fad-Free Way to Build Your Ethics Muscle

PRSay

Without a doubt, I dread the surgeon’s knife again — just nowhere near as much as I fear facing an ethical challenge professionally and getting it wrong. For nearly two decades, the PRSA Board of Ethics and Professional Standards (BEPS) has offered analysis on current practice issues and challenges through Ethical Standards Advisories (ESAs).

Ethics 178
article thumbnail

Bringing True, Ethical Authenticity to Multicultural Communications – Jennifer Gonzalez

Ethical Voices

Jen and I are colleagues, and we had a great ethics discussion recently, so I invited her to be a guest. I also provide guidance in general as to how to bring more diversity, equity, and inclusion values into all the work we do as marketers and communicators. What is the most difficult ethical challenge you ever confronted at work?

Ethics 72
article thumbnail

This Week in PR Ethics (8/11/22): Five Topics That Defy Easy Description

Ethical Voices

I usually can come up with punchy headlines for the weekly ethics roundup – but this week in PR ethics, the topics are just too important, bizarre, and complex. So, without further ado, five articles that raise ethics issues that will make you laugh, scratch your head and possibly creep you out.

Ethics 78
article thumbnail

The Power of Local Knowledge: Why Product Development Should Start with Listening to Your Community

Stern + Associates

How can organizations confidently take advantage of the benefits associated with modern technology while avoiding negative impacts on surrounding communities? Existing data science techniques cannot accurately understand key cultural nuances in language amongst predominantly communities of color.

Local 99
article thumbnail

This Week in PR Ethics (5/18/23): Taking on Climate Lies

Ethical Voices

The program included a keynote from Jonathan Schrag, the Deputy Climate Chief at the Office of Climate, Innovation and Resilience for the Commonwealth of Massachusetts, as well as the presentation of four academic research studies around the spread of climate misinformation. But the main focus of the event was the academic studies.

Ethics 80