Remove Communications Remove Community Remove Customer Service Remove Google
article thumbnail

How Socially Responsible Communications Maintain Your Community Cool

Waxing UnLyrical

Communicators often find themselves torn between the desire to embrace innovation, and the need to give their clients responsible advice. Criticisms against the dizzying array of marketing tools vying for communicators’ attention and loyalty reminds me of journalists’ gripes about “what not to do in PR.”. Responsibly-designed research.

article thumbnail

Managing a Cyber Attack: How to Communicate to Customers

Polaris

Yet despite the prevalence and obvious cost, some businesses do not effectively communicate an attack to key stakeholders. How to Tell Your Customers about a Data Breach. #1 These are words to live by when it comes to issues management and crisis communications. A security breach is serious stuff. What happened and how?

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Making sense of modern public relations

Stephen Waddington

But practice is broadening to include new forms of media including influencer relations, social media, community engagement and messaging. It marks the shift from asymmetrical to symmetrical communication, in a way that James Grunig and Todd Hunt would recognise. Consumers find their own media via Google and social media newsfeeds.

Publicity 119
article thumbnail

The Future of Twitter

The Proactive Report

Used correctly, Twitter can have a huge impact on customer service, perception and reputation. Twitter serves a unique role as a communication channel that can’t be found anywhere else. Maybe someone has discovered that Twitter is the #1 channel for @realDonaldTrump and @potus to communicate directly to and with the world.

Twitter 235
article thumbnail

Earned Media vs. Media Relations [PR Tech Sum]

Sword and the Script

Over time, the digital community warmed to the term again. You can see visually this in the Google Trends chart above ( or see it for yourself online ). Look for our session titled, “Earned Media Trends and Best Practices Revealed in an Analysis of the 2020 JOTW Communications Survey.” c) What makes a great pitch?

article thumbnail

The Top PR Trends For 2017

ImPRessions - Crenshaw Communications

The Global Communications Report, a comprehensive worldwide survey of more than 1,000 senior PR executives worldwide, reveals that the global PR industry is predicted to grow from its current estimated size of $14 billion to $19.3 According to a 2015 Chief Communications Officer survey by Korn Ferry , CCOs in the U.S.

Trends 124
article thumbnail

Facebook’s pushing Groups, but how can brands really use them?

Communications Conversations

One big trend I see accelerating in the social media world in 2019 is the move to more “community” and less “let’s go viral” It’s something I talked about in my trends presentation I put together that I’ve given now to five different groups in the Twin Cities. And, it’s an ACTIVE group.

Groups 68