Remove Branding Remove Community Remove Corporate Remove Sports
article thumbnail

United we Brand? Top Reads on Corporate Activism

Flack's Revenge

Should brands take a stand? So, what’s a brand (and their top execs) to do? Fence-sitters might alienate those who want to know the brand’s political and social colors. More controversial efforts have included Dick’s Sporting Goods stand on guns , Nike’s Colin Kaepernick ad and Gillette’s campaigns regarding inclusion.

Corporate 198
article thumbnail

Entertainment & Sports Section New Member Spotlight

PRSay

Isabelle McLemore – Senior Director, Global Corporate Communications, UFC. Coming out of college I came across an opportunity as a communications intern at Tennis Canada. What we like to remind everybody that we are a very young sport. It went from being a spectacle to being a sport. It’s not for everybody.

Sports 61
Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Why the NBA’s Hong Kong Controversy Is a Timely Lesson in Corporate Responsibility

PRSay

As Sports Illustrated reported, the NBA had signed a five-year deal with Tencent in June worth at least $500 million. In the new era of corporate responsibility, large organizations increasingly turn on a dime when faced with criticism on social media. He has written on crisis management and corporate responsibility for Law360.

article thumbnail

PR Rock Stars: Minnesota Timberwolves’ and Lynx’s Kirsten Wenker

Communications Conversations

Working for an amateur or professional sports team has always been a dream of mine. I am the Senior Corporate Communications Manager for both teams, which means I handle all “off court” communications. How and why did you get into sports PR after a number of years on the agency side?

Sports 113
article thumbnail

Q&A with Robin Carr, Senior Counselor

Landis PR

I spent 18 years in sports public relations (San Francisco Giants, Nike, EA Sports) before moving into various corporate PR roles (Ubisoft, Gap, Inc., At the Giants, there was Until There’s A Cure Day. The Giants were the first sports team to have a game devoted to HIV/AIDS awareness. By Landis Staff. At Gap, Inc.,

Sports 52
article thumbnail

5 Tips to Effectively Engage Generation Zers

PRSay

As Gen Z, individuals born starting in 1997 as defined by the Pew Research Center, replaces millennials as the primary consumer target for many corporations, organizations and brands, PR practitioners must delve into this consumer segment and understand how to effectively engage them for the next 15-20 years.

article thumbnail

Meet the Media: Mary Gannon, Editor-in-Chief of Fluid Power World & Senior Editor at Design World

Bianchi Biz Blog

As the face of our brand, I am responsible for traveling to industry events and networking with our readers, advertisers and others. After a few years hiatus doing community PR, I entered technical publishing when I was out of a job for a few months. I loved it and I particularly loved the stories about manufacturing.

Meeting 72