Remove Books Remove Community Remove Journalism Remove Writing
article thumbnail

The Ins & Outs of Book Writing

Karen Freberg

Writing is a big part of my life. I write A LOT for my work, but also personal life as well. Of course, writing comes in all shapes and sizes – but it has become one of the main skills necessary for my work as a professor. However, this is not all of the writing we do as professors. Why do I bring this up?

Writing 105
article thumbnail

Storytelling, Community and Purpose: Finding Balance Within the Tech Industry

The Hoffman Agency

I would spend hours writing fictional narratives in my room, transporting to the imaginary worlds I was creating. I continued writing stories, but castles and princesses quickly became congressmen and protests. The Middle. Skip over a few chapters, and I was a public relations major and soon-to-be University of Oregon graduate.

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

Trending Sources

article thumbnail

Lessons Learned Experimenting With a Structured Sabbatical

Deirdre Breakenridge

“Some of our fellows are working on ideas in retail, cryptocurrency and logistics with the potential to be major businesses – but we also have fellows who are writing novels about tech. My structured sabbatical centered around three focus projects: Writing my first book and launching a pre-order campaign. Journaling.

Writing 171
article thumbnail

On Thursday, June 21st, #PRStudChat Discusses “How to Communicate Your Research”

Deirdre Breakenridge

ET, #PRStudChat sponsored by Spin Sucks community members will gather for an in-depth Twitter discussion on “How to Communicate Your Research.” Joining us as our special guest and co-host is Kevin Anselmo (@KevinAnselmo ) the Founder and Principal of Experiential Communications. Why should you communicate research?

article thumbnail

5 Solos PR Pros Share How They Structure Their Work Day

Solo PR Pro

There’s a whole community of like minded people you can lean on. reviewing all the news alerts I have set up for my clients and their industry competitors and fielding urgent emails before devoting the rest of the morning to writing and other client work. Anne Isenhower, Anne Isenhower Communications. if I can help it.

Meeting 98
article thumbnail

Meet the Media: Nathan Bomey, Business Reporter at USA TODAY

Bianchi Biz Blog

I am also responsible for writing and leading the “Daily Money” newsletter – our M-F roundup of the day’s personal finance, business and tech news. After covering it for the Detroit Free Press, I wrote a nationally published book telling the inside story: Detroit Resurrected: To Bankruptcy and Back. I love stories on business trends.

Report 84
article thumbnail

Interview with Ann Handley

Critical Mention

In this interview, she shares her insights into how marketing has changed over time, the most valuable social media channel for marketers and how to make more of an impact as a marketing professional in your community. I went into Marketing by way of writing. But I thought writing a diary was boring. And communicator.