article thumbnail

Journalism statistics: 7 media relations takeaways from the 2023 State of the Media Report by Cision

Sword and the Script

A survey of 3,000+ finds 75% of journalists say the top action any PR person can take is to understand a reporter’s target audience and what they find relevant; journalism statistics show reporters worry about accuracy, credibility and keeping pace amid more work and fewer resources Most PR professionals say media relations is getting harder.

article thumbnail

The 22 Responsibilities of PR and What They Entail

Onclusive

PR pros will need to either write content themselves or help to drive strategy with a team of writers, editors and guest blog contributors. Today’s PR pro is responsible for ideating, writing, editing, pitching, placing and promoting executive thought leadership articles for not only the CEO, but also other senior executives.

Training 195
Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

The Ins & Outs of Book Writing

Karen Freberg

Writing is a big part of my life. I write A LOT for my work, but also personal life as well. Of course, writing comes in all shapes and sizes – but it has become one of the main skills necessary for my work as a professor. However, this is not all of the writing we do as professors. Why do I bring this up?

Writing 105
article thumbnail

The 21 Responsibilities of PR and What They Entail

Onclusive

PR pros will need to either write content themselves or help to drive strategy with a team of writers, editors and guest blog contributors. Today’s PR pro is responsible for ideating, writing, editing, pitching, placing and promoting executive thought leadership articles for not only the CEO, but also other senior executives.

Training 370
article thumbnail

The 20 Responsibilities of PR and What They Entail

Onclusive

The PR pro either writes some of this content themselves or helps drive strategy with a team of writers/editors and/or guest blog contributors. Today’s PR pro is responsible for ideating, writing/editing, pitching, placing, and then promoting executive thought leadership articles for not only the CEO, but also other senior executives.

article thumbnail

Storytelling, Community and Purpose: Finding Balance Within the Tech Industry

The Hoffman Agency

I would spend hours writing fictional narratives in my room, transporting to the imaginary worlds I was creating. I continued writing stories, but castles and princesses quickly became congressmen and protests. The Middle. Skip over a few chapters, and I was a public relations major and soon-to-be University of Oregon graduate.

article thumbnail

The transition from journalism to public relations: It is much more plausible than I ever thought

The Stalwart Blog

As a recent college journalism student, I spent a lot of time thinking about finding a job and became petrified of the lack of opportunities available for new graduates to break into the newspaper business. A few weeks later, I was cruising down the freeway, commuting to my first day with Stalwart Communications. Persistency.