Remove Books Remove Community Remove Social Media Remove Video
article thumbnail

Book Review: A Roadmap for Teaching Social Media

Deirdre Breakenridge

Here’s my video book review of A Roadmap for Teaching Social Media by Dr. Karen Freberg who is an assistant professor teaching Strategic Communications at the University of Louisville. Karen’s book can be described in three words … handy reference guide.

article thumbnail

Social Media Intelligence Can Boost the Bottom Line

The Proactive Report

Social media intelligence is the art and science of gathering data about online conversations so that you can use that information to improve your content creation and deliver more value to your audience. . Map where conversations about your brand, product, or topics of interest are taking place in social media platforms.

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

They’re a 10, but They Don’t Join Social Media Trends*

Buchanan PR

C U T on Unsplash In the dynamic world of social media, trends have become powerful drivers of engagement, brand awareness and community interaction. Partaking in a social media trend can help spotlight businesses (and even help them go viral!) Men” graphics inspired by the 1970s book characters. Jonathan W.

article thumbnail

The Evolution of Multimedia Across Social Media

Cision

He literally wrote the book on Twitter, created a #1 best-selling iPhone app, is a New York Times Bestselling author of 12 books, is leading the live video movement and, according to sources, he also finds time to sleep. In 2016, live video seems like a no-brainer. Facebook is very clearly prioritizing live video.

article thumbnail

10 lessons from 10 years of teaching social media

Karen Freberg

As we start the spring semester, I realized that it has officially been 10 years since I started teaching a social media class. Honestly, the time flew by and it seems like yesterday I came to UofL from my PhD at the University of Tennessee, where I was asked to create and execute a social media class. TEN YEARS?!

article thumbnail

Travel PR Strategies to Connect with Travelers as Consumer Spending is On the Rise

5W PR

They’re craving connection, transparency, and value beyond just booking a flight and finding a bed. To win their hearts and bookings, brands need to shift gears. Showcase real traveler experiences through user-generated content, influencer partnerships , and immersive formats like vlogs or 360° videos.

Travel 78
article thumbnail

Leveraging Influencer Power For PR Success

The Hoyt Organization

As brands look for new and innovative ways to reach their target audience on social media, leveraging the power and audience reach of influencers has become a popular and effective tool. Hashtags and social campaigns : Engages communities through creative social media initiatives like challenges and contests.