Remove Blogging Remove Community Remove International Remove Local
article thumbnail

The 22 Responsibilities of PR and What They Entail

Onclusive

Owned Media & Content Strategy Owned media consists of publishing content on brand-owned channels such as a customer-facing blog, email campaign, or social media outreach. PR pros will need to either write content themselves or help to drive strategy with a team of writers, editors and guest blog contributors.

Training 195
article thumbnail

Community for Career Development: A Look Inside One NAVUG Community Member’s Journey

Presspage

I’m a member of NAVUG , an online community that is the epitome of Margaret Mead's statement. If you will humor me and enjoy the story I am about to share, you too can build a thriving and successful online community in your sphere of influence. Online communities and learning were unleashed to the masses.

Community 115
Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

How to Tailor Global PR Strategies for Cosmetics Brands

5W PR

However, effectively engaging in international public relations requires a strategic approach that considers cultural nuances, local preferences, and diverse media landscapes. Cultural sensitivity Culture plays a significant role in shaping beauty standards, preferences, and communication norms.

article thumbnail

The sunsetting of one of Minnesota’s most successful all-time blogs–the MN PR Blog

Communications Conversations

If you’ve worked in the PR industry in the Twin Cities for any length of time, you’ve probably heard about or visited, the MN PR Blog. In fact, to my knowledge, the MN PR Blog was one of the first PR blogs in the entire country! The blog was founded and managed by Ryan May. Since, 2003, to be exact.

article thumbnail

The Importance of Networking in Public Relations

5W PR

Joining PR associations Consider joining PR associations such as the Public Relations Society of America (PRSA) or the International Public Relations Association (IPRA). Global and international PR networks Networking isn’t confined to local or national boundaries. It’s a global endeavor in the PR industry.

Publicity 103
article thumbnail

How an underground high school newspaper led to a 10+ year blog

Communications Conversations

First, we need more local journalism–whether it’s professional or not. People want to learn more about their communities! I believe both of those experiences shaped me and led me to starting this blog. And, I fell into a career of writing, social media and blogging. This blog is very similar.

article thumbnail

Is Your Organization Ready To Engage in Social Justice Conversation?

Shift Communications

How does it relate to the business, employees, clients, or community? Are there steps you could take internally before speaking publicly? For example, offer training, volunteer time or funds to local organizations, raise awareness by sharing resources, create space and amplify voices from underrepresented communities.

Employee 124