Remove 2016 Remove Community Remove International Remove Social Media
article thumbnail

PRSA 2016 International Conference: Be Aggressive, Be Audacious, Be Bold

Cision

The PRSA 2016 International Conference in Indianapolis brought together some of today’s top thought leaders in the field of communication– and then some. PR Newswire (@PRNewswire) October 23, 2016. PR Newswire (@PRNewswire) October 23, 2016. PR Newswire (@PRNewswire) October 23, 2016. .”

article thumbnail

2016 Global Social Journalism Study: How to Reach More Journalists on Social Media

Cision

Connecting with journalists via social media should be a no-brainer for any PR pro. According to Cision’s 2016 Global Social Journalism Study published this week, nearly half (48 percent) of U.S. journalists say they would be unable to carry out their work without social media.

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

More on PR2020: social media activism, internal comms resurgence, storytelling and professionalism

Stephen Waddington

Thank you to everyone who sent me feedback on my essay on the future of PR via email or social media. There were some clear misses in my original essay: social media activism, internal communications, storytelling and professionalism in PR. Social media activism is only possible because brands don’t listen.

article thumbnail

Social Media Logic: The Amplification of Media Effects

Doctor Spin

Social media logic is not too different—but amplified. In this blog post, social media logic refers to the media effects that social media platforms have on communication and content dissemination. From a theoretical perspective, they’re both forms of media. Media Logic.

article thumbnail

The Myth Of The Social CEO

ImPRessions - Crenshaw Communications

For business leaders, the rise of social media has powered a shift from public relations to public engagement. And most CEOs acknowledge the benefits of social engagement for their personal and corporate brands. More surprisingly, recent research shows that use of social media by CEOs globally has declined in the past year.

article thumbnail

15 Up-and-Coming PR and Social Media Marketers to Watch

Communications Conversations

Last week, I shared my news that I’ll be teaching social media at the University of St. Now, she’s crushing it at Best Buy in social media marketing. So, I asked a few key local leaders for up-and-coming social media or communications superstars they admire. They had to be younger than 30.

article thumbnail

Will Jones Day Weather The PR Storm?

ImPRessions - Crenshaw Communications

Elite international law firm Jones Day faces a reputation crisis as a result of its work to help the president challenge 2020 election results in four states. Jones Day has worked with the president since 2016, when partner Don McGahn began to advise the Trump campaign. Here’s why. No stranger to controversy.