Remove 2012 Remove Community Remove Social Media Remove Writing
article thumbnail

How to Segment Journalists By Social Media Use

Cision

Often, people write about journalists as “journalists” – a nebulous bunch of undifferentiated people who perform the same tasks (perhaps in different verticals). And you hear journalists complain about this lack of differentiation in how the PR community pitches them. Promoters” are all about promotion on social media platforms.

article thumbnail

Case Study: Blogger Outreach for Oxfam America’s International Women’s Day 2012 Campaign

Waxing UnLyrical

One of the most fun projects I’ve worked on recently was Oxfam America’s (OA) International Women’s Day (IWD) 2012 campaign. Since OA already has a robust social media presence, our task was not to add to its social media plan, but to supplement it via blogger outreach. The project.

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Remembering how 9/11 Changed the World – and Communications

wiredPRworks

Twenty years ago, today, we remember how 9/11 changed the world – and communications. Reflecting on How 9/11 Immediately Impacted Community PR and Communications. We needed to find ways to communicate quickly, accurately and effectively. Producing a letter took time to write, print or copy and mail.

article thumbnail

The Extra Mile PR Strategy: Wow Your Customers

Doctor Spin

2012, May 17). In addition to providing strategies for building “zombie loyalists,” Shankman also offers advice for engaging with customers on social media , handling negative feedback and criticism, and creating a customer service culture within your organisation. link] Nordstrom.

article thumbnail

Remembering how 9/11 Changed the World – and Communications

wiredPRworks

Twenty years ago, today, we remember how 9/11 changed the world – and communications. Reflecting on How 9/11 Immediately Impacted Community PR and Communications. We needed to find ways to communicate quickly, accurately and effectively. Producing a letter took time to write, print or copy and mail.

article thumbnail

Adapting Strategies for Effective Storytelling in the Social Media Era

PRSay

With the tremendous growth of social media in recent years, the PR landscape is continuously evolving and causing public relations professionals to adapt to the 24/7/365 news cycle we now work in as well as the instant, viral nature in which news breaks and spreads. Social media in general is the perfect tool today PR professionals.

article thumbnail

Meet the Media: Cristina Commendatore, Editor in Chief of FleetOwner

Bianchi Biz Blog

I covered Hurricane Sandy in Connecticut in 2012. That was my first experience really using social media and the publication’s website to break news and keep residents in the community informed. In my role today, the most fun stories I get to write come from test-driving trucks.

Meeting 59