article thumbnail

These were the top communities on Reddit in May 2022

NewsWhip

Here are some of the key takeaways to give you a flavor: r/memes returned to the top of the charts as the top community. r/worldnews remained one of the communities that generated the most conversation. Sport-based communities were also high drivers of conversation. The highest scoring Reddit communities of May 2022.

Reddit 78
article thumbnail

PRGN Hong Kong Meeting 2024: Why meeting in person is still important

Landis PR

That means that I can call my colleague Judy Kuramata at Integrate Communications in Tokyo to ask if she has any background on a journalist I’m pitching at the Wall Street Journal bureau there. I can rely on a trusted partner like Cullen Communications in Dublin to advise on launching neurodiversity services for a healthcare client.

Meeting 59
Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Why the ‘Stealing Thunder Theory’ of Crisis Comms Requires Focus and Intent

PRSay

Information, and misinformation, travels at equal speed in the digital world, meaning that leading and controlling the conversation is an advantage. Communicators have long advocated for the importance of defining the crisis on the organization’s own terms and avoiding being defined by critics, competitors and media. It makes sense.

Crisis 140
article thumbnail

In Memoriam: Joe S. Epley, APR, Fellow PRSA

PRSay

Among Epley’s honors are election to the University of North Carolina’s Journalism School Public Relations Hall of Fame, the Defense Information School Hall of Fame, and the Order of the Long Leaf Pine, North Carolina’s highest award for noteworthy citizens. In 2019, he and Dorcas moved to the Woodlands at Furman in Greenville, S.C.,

Ethics 166
article thumbnail

Building a New Kind of Cruise Community

Waxing UnLyrical

Regular WUL readers know that Shonali (a friend and former colleague at Socialmedia.biz ) showcases guest posts about how to build, engage and sustain an online community, among other things. so that others might gain insights for their own community efforts. , so that others might gain insights for their own community efforts.

article thumbnail

Lessons Learned Experimenting With a Structured Sabbatical

Deirdre Breakenridge

A guest post by Jacqueline Jensen, author of Travel Isn’t the Answer: Live With a Sense of Curiosity, Passion, and Awe Anywhere and Everywhere. I have a handful of communities online that I utilize for meaningful goal-setting each week. One is a public Slack community where I post goals alongside other community members.

Writing 171
article thumbnail

Social Media Intelligence Can Boost the Bottom Line

The Proactive Report

Rosetta Stone had always marketed their language courses to people who wanted to learn another language for practical reasons: doing business in another country or foreign travel. With the goal of creating a community they could listen to Rosetta Stone started a Facebook page and actively gathered a large number of their customers there.