Remove Branding Remove Community Remove Ethics Remove Writing
article thumbnail

United we Brand? Top Reads on Corporate Activism

Flack's Revenge

Should brands take a stand? So, what’s a brand (and their top execs) to do? Fence-sitters might alienate those who want to know the brand’s political and social colors. The ensuing narrative has been that “taking a stand is no longer an option for brands.” Should CEOs speak out on social, civil and political issues?

Corporate 198
article thumbnail

Content analysis tool BuzzSumo adds journalist database for SMBs [PR tech sum no. 48]

Sword and the Script

I’ve been writing this monthly column about PR technology companies for nearly five years – and I’m still continuously reminded that while these companies make software for communicators, they are not typically communication experts. This feature fine-tunes content, aligns tone with brand guidelines”; Recommended topics.

Analysis 144
Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

Trending Sources

article thumbnail

Ethical Issues in Merging the Science and Art of Public Relations: Aaron Kwittken

Ethical Voices

Joining me on this week’s episode is Aaron Kwittken , the founder and chairman of KWT Global , a global PR and brand strategy firm, and the founder of PRophet. Ethical issues in merging the science and art of public relations. I also have a podcast called Brand on Purpose , I’m a contributor to The Drum.

Ethics 52
article thumbnail

Managing Conflicts in a ‘Cancel-Culture’ Environment

PRSay

Each September, PRSA celebrates Ethics Month, featuring programs presented by the PRSA Board of Ethics and Professional Standards (BEPS). Please join the discussion via #PRSAChat and #EthicsMonth, and follow along with our ethics-related blog posts, webinars and Twitter Chats throughout the month. Update your conflict policy.

Ethics 136
article thumbnail

Exploring teaching, research, and ethical practices in influencer marketing

Karen Freberg

They raise awareness about new initiatives and have an established voice in their community. For the right audience and brand, influencers can be the way to go if they are the right fit. If you are not following the work Taylor Lorenz is writing about influencer marketing, please do so. Do they have *real* testimonials?

Ethics 46
article thumbnail

MidwestCon 2023. A Recap of Knowledge.

Reputation Us

Pinto *Love this slogan as it conveys a look ahead and a community of future leaders. Pinto “We need to get communities involved and tell better stories.” ” David London “Clear, concise communication will lead to further understanding of innovation.” ” –Hope for technology to be ethical.

System 78
article thumbnail

Blogger Outreach Versus Media Relations: What Marketers Need To Know

Polaris

In fact, they ranked third after retail and brand sites—well above online magazines and news sites. While independent bloggers often have lower audience reach than legacy media, their communities are typically more involved. If your product falls into a niche, blogs are a terrific way to get the word out to your target market.