Remove 2014 Remove Community Remove International Remove Marketing
article thumbnail

Behind-The-Scenes: The Life of a Summer Intern

Deirdre Breakenridge

With the new school year fast approaching, interns are beginning to reflect on their experiences this summer. As a summer intern at Atlantic Health, I have gained a great deal of knowledge that I believe will be useful to me at college, and ultimately, throughout life. Please join the #PRStudChat community on August 16, at 8:30 P.M.,

Internal 170
article thumbnail

Tips For Being A Kick-@$$ PR Intern

Shift Communications

While academic experience is invaluable, in today’s job market, it is important that it’s coupled with real work experience. Competition exists in every industry but don’t fixate on what other interns or candidates are doing. While this may seem a little odd or atypical, in the SHIFT community, it is quite the norm.

Internal 102
Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

Trending Sources

article thumbnail

Public Relations Objectives

Doctor Spin

Through consistent and effective communication, PR can sway public opinion in favour of the organisation, enhancing its reputation and standing in the community. Educate the market and modify perceptions. Improve internal communications. That’s marketing ! Increase word-of-mouth by creating social objects.

article thumbnail

Monday Roundup: International Women’s Day

Waxing UnLyrical

Yesterday was International Women’s Day ( marked for the first time in 1911 , and for the first time on March 8 in 1914… the more you know …). Six marketing lessons for International Women’s Day. International Women’s Day: This Is What It Really Means To Act #LikeAGirl.

article thumbnail

Public relations and professionalism: work to do to realise full potential

Stephen Waddington

In the UK the public relations market employs 99,900 people and contributes £16.7 billion to the UK economy (Public Relations and Communications Association, 2021). billion in 2016 (Public Relations and Communications Association, 2016). Practitioners and academics operate in almost entirely separate communities.

Publicity 167
article thumbnail

Exploring Best Practices in Global Communications

PRSay

China’s car market was starting to heat up; it’s now the world’s largest by far. I threw myself into understanding mandarin and Chinese history and reveled in getting to know the community. I was a PRSA member off and on during my time abroad, including serving as an international delegate at large in 2014.

article thumbnail

Happy Holidays from SHIFT Communications!

Shift Communications

As CEO, I’d like to first thank you for being part of the SHIFT community in 2014. In 2014, we amped up our firm’s internal culture and training initiatives so that every team member is happier, healthier and more focused on your needs. The year was an incredible one!