Remove 2014 Remove Community Remove Facebook Remove Social Media
article thumbnail

How to Segment Journalists By Social Media Use

Cision

And you hear journalists complain about this lack of differentiation in how the PR community pitches them. The Cision 2017 Global Social Journalism Study provides some very tangible insights into the social media perception and behaviors of journalists. Promoters” are all about promotion on social media platforms.

article thumbnail

Social Media for Healthcare: What’s The Potential?

Melissa Agnes

The other day I had a conversation with someone who made a statement about the healthcare industry not needing to be on social media because no one cares about the nurses’ birthdays and little useless memes (I’m SOOO paraphrasing here!). What’s the point of social media for healthcare?

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Blog Contest Winner: How The FEEL Model Can Get You Closer to Your Goals

Deirdre Breakenridge

Back in 2014, I made a comment on Facebook about the movie Dear White People. I graduated with my BA not too long afterwards and in lieu of me wanting and subsequently joining AmeriCorps, I spent less and less time on social media and I rarely posted in those years leading up to me deleting the apps. There’s no FOMO here!

Blogging 239
article thumbnail

Should Social Media Influence Have an Age Limit?

Mindful Marketing

Obeying social norms like ones for age-appropriate behavior can be helpful for everyone, so why are some older people acting like social media influencers? Encountering a community of half-century and up social media spokespeople seems about as likely as seeing senior citizen sprinters at the upcoming Olympics.

article thumbnail

Power of Digital Storytelling: A Guide for Nonprofits to Engage Youth to Become Change Agents

Deirdre Breakenridge

The United Nations Foundation (UNF)’s Girl Up campaign, for example, relies heavily on digital platforms such as Instagram , Facebook , YouTube videos, and blogs to encourage youth to advocate for health, education, and leadership for girls everywhere. It is powerful for inspiring action and sharing personal stories of change and impact.

Nonprofit 240
article thumbnail

Q&A With Laurie Paolone, Founder of HashAtIt.com, The Hashtag Search Engine

Deirdre Breakenridge

From the popular community tweet chats to the breaking news and trending hashtag topics, these aggregated conversations certainly have captured our attention. I was recently introduced to Laurie Paolone by my friends at the Social Network Station. New hashtags are surfacing every day. And that’s how www.HashAtIt.com was created.

article thumbnail

The importance of a social media strategy #engaging

Engage PR

And with social media spend within marketing budgets expected to increase 128% to 21.4% in the next five years (1* Chief Marketing Officers Survey, 2014 ) social activity is becoming more integral to brand perception and business performance. Cue social backlash across the internet.