article thumbnail

SEO Software Company SEMrush Moves into PR with Prowly Acquisition [PR Tech Sum]

Sword and the Script

As I’ve done for the last couple of years, on the first Tuesday of the month, I summarize all of the news I’ve seen from the PR technology community. SEMrush acquires Prowly A software company that has traditionally made tools for SEOs is moving into PR. Here’s your monthly PR Tech Sum. SEMrush has acquired the Warsaw-based Prowly.

Software 176
article thumbnail

Blogger Pitch Smackdown: SEO Linkbuilders vs. PR Pros

Rock the Status Quo

The Differences in Pitch Style & Purpose Are Helpful to Understand I love PR, I love SEO and I really love how well they intersect to grow client reach and conversion. Is it truly a terrible pitch from an inept PR pro, or is a backlink ploy from an SEO programmer? ” Why do SEO people always mention they are a content writer?

SEO 100
Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

How PR can Put the Search Back in SEO [UML]

Sword and the Script

It seems to me that no single on-page SEO technique matters insolation. However, that’s not to say SEO isn’t important. Adhering to SEO principles, in aggregate over time, makes an enormous difference. Corporate Blogging and SEO. But isn’t SEO Dead? Case in point? It’s just that: noise.

SEO 60
article thumbnail

Less publicized but more interesting takeaways from 3 reports on marketing and PR

Sword and the Script

The vendor community that serves PR has published a handful of reports over the last few months. The company’s measures are based on the pitches sent through their systems. PR pitches earn a 45% open rate and a 3% response rate; the top metrics for marcom and PR by segment; Europe is more satisfied with PR agencies than the U.S.

Report 106
article thumbnail

LinkedIn Changes You Need To Know About

The Hoyt Organization

Video Accessibility To make the platform more accessible and user-friendly, LinkedIn has now implemented an automatic captioning system for video uploads. The system generates subtitles for your videos automatically, which you have the option to review, revise, or add to before hitting ‘Publish.’

article thumbnail

Visibility is More About Social Than Search

The Proactive Report

Influencer Outreach: Google wants to know that you, the site owners and employees, and your community, your prospects, current, and past customers, are engaged in the success of the business. Forums take a long, persistent ride — a commitment to becoming part of a longer-term conversation, to become a member of the community.

SEO 100
article thumbnail

Blogging Tips for PR Pros

Deirdre Breakenridge

Many social media content management systems you probably already use for your clients have their own templates or proprietary editorial calendars. Your blog is your community. And it’s better to build an engaged community over time than it is to serve up a lot of content in the beginning and then drop off the face of the planet.

Blogging 282