article thumbnail

Less “let’s go viral” and more “let’s build community”

Communications Conversations

While Holmes talked about how we’re in the midst of transitioning to a post-social-media landscape, I envision another stark trend: The comeback of community. As Holmes states, years ago the frequent ask from brands and clients was: “We want this to go viral.” You were building a community. It got bigger.

Viral 98
article thumbnail

Capture viral behavior with strange projects

Marketwired

What #ContentMarketers Can Learn from Hamburger Helper’s Viral Mix Tape #WatchTheStove Click To Tweet. Look at what types of content are being shared and which memes seem to be circulating among people in the group you’re looking to reach. The rules of social media readily disprove these methods. This is not a universal thing.

Viral 100
Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Facebook’s pushing Groups, but how can brands really use them?

Communications Conversations

One big trend I see accelerating in the social media world in 2019 is the move to more “community” and less “let’s go viral” It’s something I talked about in my trends presentation I put together that I’ve given now to five different groups in the Twin Cities. And, that will happen.

Groups 68
article thumbnail

7 Occasions When PR And Marketing Must Work Together

ImPRessions - Crenshaw Communications

At the same time, they needed to make sure that their customers, employees, and communities heard from the companies behind the brands. But it’s also likely that with a few tweaks, the PR group can add elements that can turn an inside-baseball component into a mediaworthy story or a way to frame a campaign.

Marketing 310
article thumbnail

Announcing the NewsWhip x Reddit Partnership

NewsWhip

Today, we’re excited to introduce a partnership with Reddit that will enable our users to explore what’s happening across Reddit’s network of more than 130,000 active communities — and for the first time ever, provide them a way to search Reddit comments. Reddit’s communities are informed — often composed of experts and knowledgeable users.

Reddit 117
article thumbnail

Social media updates: Instagram caption polls, TikTok’s silent fallout & LinkedIn introduces Sponsored Articles

Prohibition

Implementing these polls can also foster a deeper connection with the audience, working toward community building goals. A dispute between Universal Music Group and TikTok has led to the removal of a vast number of popular songs from the app, including hits from globally renowned artists like Taylor Swift, Harry Styles, and Adele.

article thumbnail

Listen Up on Social: Q&A With Jay Baer

Cision

Q: What tactics help to make a campaign go viral? Viral means something is shared, and we share things that create emotional connections somehow. That said, trying to be viral usually means that you won’t be viral. The best way to reach them is to invite them into a special club, Facebook group, etc.

Viral 120