article thumbnail

Help support foodbanks and food poverty by starting in your local community

Stephen Waddington

Here are ways that you can help tackle food poverty and the issues raised by the film I, Daniel Blake. The story of the rise of foodbanks is told in Ken Loach and Paul Laverty’s film. The film shot in Newcastle in 2016 premiers on UK TV on Saturday evening on BBC2 at 9.45pm. I, Daniel Blake. But that’s only part of the story.

Local 92
article thumbnail

The Impact Marketing Approach We’re Using to Change the World

Deirdre Breakenridge

It was the summer of 2015, and filming of this very important impact documentary was going as planned. Our team estimated we’d finish the film after another year of following characters and fine-tuning scenes. Our film came to light at a time when the Pioneers in Skirts topic, to many, was considered a non-issue. What’s Next?

Film 252
article thumbnail

Life Rewritten: Composing Your Legacy with Carrie KC West

PR for Anyone

Through her experiences, including film school and self-discovery, Carrie uncovered the importance of understanding one’s own origin story. Carrie shares her own experience of transitioning from the excitement of working in the film industry to the uncertainty of pursuing writing as a career.

Film 130
article thumbnail

Join #PRStudChat for the “Millennials in the Workforce” Twitter Chat on July 19th

Deirdre Breakenridge

.” How are Millennials finding work in 2016? What kind of opportunities exist post-graduation and how do you uncover them? ET, the #PRStudChat community gathers on Twitter to discuss the topic of Millennials in the Workforce. Our community will share insights on: Why are graduates having trouble finding work with a future?

Twitter 202
article thumbnail

How to Get Ahead for the Young PR Account Executive

Sword and the Script

My degree was in film and TV production – and I thought I had done all the right things to land a gig in film or TV after graduating. On the suggestion of a mentor, I began looking at graduate degrees in communications. How to Get Ahead as a PR Account Executive. As the economy continued to sink the layoffs started.

How To 116
article thumbnail

Power of Digital Storytelling: A Guide for Nonprofits to Engage Youth to Become Change Agents

Deirdre Breakenridge

Unfortunately, not every nonprofit organization understands how to reach out to youth. You need to think about how and why young people might be interested in your projects. Creating a space for young people to share their stories can inspire them to connect with their own community and be part of the change.

Nonprofit 240
article thumbnail

Blog Contest Winner: How The FEEL Model Can Get You Closer to Your Goals

Deirdre Breakenridge

If I remember correctly, I mentioned something to the effect of how the male protagonist (who happened to be white) was not the ‘savior’ of the film. Honestly, I don’t even remember the virtual argument, only how it made me feel. How can we still be dealing with racial injustice? I hated it. He’s a big-time extravert.

Blogging 239