article thumbnail

ESAs: The Fad-Free Way to Build Your Ethics Muscle

PRSay

Without a doubt, I dread the surgeon’s knife again — just nowhere near as much as I fear facing an ethical challenge professionally and getting it wrong. For nearly two decades, the PRSA Board of Ethics and Professional Standards (BEPS) has offered analysis on current practice issues and challenges through Ethical Standards Advisories (ESAs).

Ethics 180
article thumbnail

PR Ethics: From Client Selection to AI Challenges – KayAnn Schoeneman

Ethical Voices

This week on Ethical Voices, KayAnn Schoeneman , President of Curley Company discusses: How to determine if a client is right for you Ethical issues in opposition research AI ethics challenges Why don’t you tell us more about yourself and your career? At the heart of it, I am a communicator and an advocate.

Ethics 75
Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Promise and Pitfalls, the Ethical Use of AI for Public Relations Practitioners – A Conversation with Michelle Egan and Mark Dvorak

Ethical Voices

In November 2023, PRSA issued new ethics guidelines titled “Promise and Pitfalls, the Ethical Use of AI for Public Relations Practitioners ”. Please welcome Michelle Egan , the 2023 National Chair of PRSA and Mark Dvorak , the 2023 Chair of PRSA’s Board of Ethics and Professional Standards. CIPR has guidance as does CPRS.

Ethics 82
article thumbnail

The Major Ethical Issues in Employee Communications – Ethan McCarty  

Ethical Voices

Joining me on this week’s episode is Ethan McCarty , the founder and CEO of Integral , an award-winning employee activation agency serving leaders of communications, HR, marketing, and technology. He shares some great public relations ethics insights including: The ongoing ethical challenge of creating shared beliefs.

Ethics 78
article thumbnail

Preserving Authenticity: The Nuances of Ethical Storytelling in Advocacy Communications – Zainab Chaudary

Ethical Voices

I met her at a great session on AI and political communications hosted by Peter Loge at George Washington University. What is the most difficult ethical challenge you ever confronted? The community also didn’t always know what was strategically sound or how to get media attention. That momentum was amazing.

Ethics 69
article thumbnail

Understanding the Defense Tech Industry and the Role of Public Relations

5W PR

It delves into the intricate landscape of national security, cutting-edge innovation, and complex ethical considerations. They want to create a future where security and ethics work together, where innovation saves lives, and where defense tech companies are seen as responsible partners working towards a safer world.

article thumbnail

Creative Headlines Will Drive PR SEO & Success in 2017

Cision

Which strategic positioning direction should clients pursue, what kind of media material should be featured and how important it is to create relevant and eye-catching messaging content are integral to each and every digital communications effort. Search dominates.

SEO 120