Remove Books Remove Community Remove Social Media Remove Writing
article thumbnail

Book Review: A Roadmap for Teaching Social Media

Deirdre Breakenridge

Here’s my video book review of A Roadmap for Teaching Social Media by Dr. Karen Freberg who is an assistant professor teaching Strategic Communications at the University of Louisville. Karen’s book can be described in three words … handy reference guide.

article thumbnail

The Ins & Outs of Book Writing

Karen Freberg

Writing is a big part of my life. I write A LOT for my work, but also personal life as well. Of course, writing comes in all shapes and sizes – but it has become one of the main skills necessary for my work as a professor. However, this is not all of the writing we do as professors. Why do I bring this up?

Writing 105
Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Discovering the Roadmap in Teaching Social Media

Deirdre Breakenridge

I have always been very passionate about social media, but when it comes to teaching social media, there is nothing more rewarding. I have been teaching my social media class for the last three years and it’s been one of the most rewarding experiences I’ve had as a professor.

article thumbnail

How to Build a Stronger Business Through Community Engagement and Event Marketing

Burrelles Fresh Ideas

One of the ways to achieve this is by harnessing the power of in-person community engagement and event marketing. Establishing community-engagement goals When businesses embrace a community focus , they can gain a variety of benefits. Nevertheless, effective community engagement won’t take the same shape for every company.

article thumbnail

Decoding Mental Health Challenges: A Deep Dive with Dr. Gail Saltz

PR for Anyone

Dr. Saltz suggests limiting exposure to constant news alerts and social media updates, opting instead for a trusted news source at specific times of the day. Intentionality is important when addressing loneliness, particularly for individuals in their 50s and beyond who may have less natural opportunities for social interaction.

Exercises 130
article thumbnail

10 lessons from 10 years of teaching social media

Karen Freberg

As we start the spring semester, I realized that it has officially been 10 years since I started teaching a social media class. Honestly, the time flew by and it seems like yesterday I came to UofL from my PhD at the University of Tennessee, where I was asked to create and execute a social media class. TEN YEARS?!

article thumbnail

Barry Moltz on ChangeMasters, Small Business and Social Media

wiredPRworks

that’s the question Barry Moltz answers in his new book, “ChangeMasters: How to Actually Make the Changes Your Already Know You Need to Make.” ” In the latest episode of “ Growing Social Now ,” I interviewed Barry about his book, social media, and the challenges small businesses are facing.