Remove Banking Remove Community Remove Corporate Remove Publicity
article thumbnail

Celebrating the PR Profession’s LGBTQ Community

PRSay

Let’s recognize the power of public relations to shape ideas and forge opinion,” said Galloway, vice president of communications for Wells Fargo Bank and chair of the PRSA 2020 International Conference. “PR I think corporations have genuinely embraced diversity and inclusion, some better than others.

Community 105
article thumbnail

A PR Trend: The Corporate CEO As Social Advocate

ImPRessions - Crenshaw Communications

Yet in the Trump era, there’s another sector that may have a unique opportunity to step into the breach — the business community, and those who help CEOs communicate. Certainly the public is cynical about business, particularly certain industries like pharma, banking, and the tech industry as epitomized by Silicon Valley.

Corporate 159
article thumbnail

PR Lessons From The Biggest Failures of 2023

Most of the so-called PR disasters that unfolded in 2023 went well beyond public relations strategy or execution. Some were management failures, while others were about corporate values or behavior. But the reaction in the gay and trans community was swift and angry, and sales suffered.

Banking 212
article thumbnail

Big Business Must Help Us Heal

I’ve long thought that this perfect storm of disunity represents an obligation – and an opportunity – for corporate America. It’s time for the business community as a group and individual businesses as brands, to help us heal the divide. Still others, including Bank of America, Ford Motor Co. golf course.

Corporate 338
article thumbnail

Power in Community: Get Public Relations Results through Strategic Alliances

Solo PR Pro

Whether you represent a non-profit or corporate client, there is an excellent opportunity for positive public relations in strategic sponsorships. The Philadelphia Public Relations Association (PPRA) recently gathered a panel of corporate decisionmakers to share what works, what doesn’t, and why they value this kind of partnership.

article thumbnail

Landis 32 Anniversary – How I Donated my $320

Landis PR

We recently announced that San Francisco Business Times included Landis in its Top 100 businesses in the Bay Area Corporate Philanthropy list. In our last blog, Landis President Sean Dowdall and Founder David Landis discussed business’s role in fostering and supporting the communities in which our clients, community and family live.

article thumbnail

13 Leadership Lessons for PR Pros (Taylor’s Version)

PRSay

Taylor Swift’s much-anticipated album, The Tortured Poets Department (out April 19), sounds like it should be about a corporate communications team. In addition to Swift’s mastery of public relations, have you noticed that her catalog of leadership lessons is almost as extensive as her collection of songs?