article thumbnail

Uncertain Times: 12 Resources for Solo PR Pros

Solo PR Pro

If you've fallen on a tough time, feel uncertain or are on the precipice of starting your solo career but feeling nervous, we've rounded up some of our best resources for you to lean on. 5 Solos Share Best Practices for Writing a Compelling Proposal — Part of winning new business is writing proposals. You've got this!

article thumbnail

The #PRStudChat Community Discusses Mysteries of Media Pitching on September 20th

Deirdre Breakenridge

A former newspaper journalist, Michael has won national and regional awards for news release and feature writing. He has also taught public relations courses at Brigham Young University, where he earlier earned bachelors and master’s degrees in communications with an emphasis in public relations. About Spin Sucks.

Community 157
Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

The Ins & Outs of Book Writing

Karen Freberg

Writing is a big part of my life. I write A LOT for my work, but also personal life as well. Of course, writing comes in all shapes and sizes – but it has become one of the main skills necessary for my work as a professor. However, this is not all of the writing we do as professors. Why do I bring this up?

Writing 105
article thumbnail

11 Top Reasons to Write a Press Release for ESG

Newsfile

It’s no wonder then that many businesses choose to write a press release about ESG news. Along with this, shareholders and stakeholders expect to see important environmental, social and governance (ESG) communications. Therefore, companies can distribute the following newsworthy press releases as part of their ESG communications.

Writing 52
article thumbnail

5 Solos Share Best Practices for Writing a Compelling Proposal

Solo PR Pro

There’s a whole community of like minded people you can lean on. In this monthly series, we ask five Solo PR Pro members to share their best tips, tricks and resources for managing their solo business. 5 solo PR pros share tips for writing a proposal. We use photos, videos and color to communicate that to prospective clients.

Writing 104
article thumbnail

The Science of the Tweet: The Dos and Don’ts for #SciComm on Twitter

Deirdre Breakenridge

As a science major turned public relations professional, I was groomed into believing that scientists are “bad” communicators. Through my work in science communication at Cornell University , I learned that this couldn’t be further from the truth. DO be an engaged part of the #scicomm community. Know some trending hashtags.

Twitter 347
article thumbnail

Rethinking contributors on TechCrunch

Remote PR Jobs

The startup community is rich with people thinking hard about a lot of topics that we cover but may not have first-hand experience with, so it’s good to make sure there are other voices represented on TechCrunch. There are more platforms than ever for people to get personal viewpoints out there and to practice their writing skills.

Resources 100