article thumbnail

Increasing Your Media Coverage Through Storytelling

PRSay

As communicators, we have long relied on earned media or public relations — usually in the form of media relations — to place our clients’ names on the internet, on TV, in print and on the radio. We all love a good story, and research shows that conducting media relations through the lens of storytelling provides optimal results.

article thumbnail

The Enduring Significance of Broadcast Media: Why TV and Radio Remain Essential for PR Professionals

Burrelles Fresh Ideas

Television , with its visual storytelling capabilities and wide viewership, remains a powerful tool for conveying messages to a mass audience. The Pew Research Center conducted a survey and found that 44% of adults prefer to get their news from TV, while 34% prefer the web, 14% prefer radio, and 7% favor print.

Radio 74
Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Impact of COVID-19 on NHS comms

Stephen Waddington

This healthcare-focused edition follows #FuturePRoof Three: The NHS at 70 with lessons for the wider PR community, published in 2018. It’s the start of a lovely relationship and an important piece of storytelling. FuturePRoof Five: The impact of COVID-19 on NHS comms is published at cost in print via Blurb priced £15.99

article thumbnail

Adapting Strategies for Effective Storytelling in the Social Media Era

PRSay

What is unique about my position is that I sit within the our Portland Newsroom – consisting of our PR, Social and Analytics team – so I work hand in hand with my PR leads, Social Strategists, Community Managers and Analytics lead. This could be a great way for storytellers to communicate their messages to the right audiences in real time.

article thumbnail

Supporting your client partnerships with PR

Landis PR

This recent announcement yielded multiple broadcast and print stories. Public-private partnerships, like last year’s opening of a new behavioral health center serving vulnerable communities in San Francisco. Within a partnership announcement, there should be enough storytelling, and media outlets, to go around.

article thumbnail

Fish Out of Water: Shark Week, Science and Storytelling

Sword and the Script

There’s a certain danger, or responsibility perhaps, that goes along with storytelling. The Discovery Channel kicked off its Shark Week amid criticism from the scientific community. The post Fish Out of Water: Shark Week, Science and Storytelling appeared first on Sword and the Script. A Shark Tale Out of Context.

article thumbnail

Why Advertising Isn’t Dead

Cision

Kennedy’s and Mcquivey’s argument is that the shift will be toward storytelling, and brands should focus on video to entrap audiences to brand messaging. Radio supplanted print, television eroded radio, and the Internet has changed the foundation of how we consume all forms of media. Storytelling is the key.