Remove Advertising Remove Community Remove Print Remove Storytelling
article thumbnail

Why Advertising Isn’t Dead

Cision

Therein, James McQuivey, a principal analyst at Forrester drilled into a report which explored that CMOs will reduce their spend, on display advertising by as much as $2.9 Opposed to counter that agreement directly, I want to take you down the road of history to see how advertising continuously renews itself.

article thumbnail

The Enduring Significance of Broadcast Media: Why TV and Radio Remain Essential for PR Professionals

Burrelles Fresh Ideas

Television , with its visual storytelling capabilities and wide viewership, remains a powerful tool for conveying messages to a mass audience. The Pew Research Center conducted a survey and found that 44% of adults prefer to get their news from TV, while 34% prefer the web, 14% prefer radio, and 7% favor print.

Radio 75
Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Fish Out of Water: Shark Week, Science and Storytelling

Sword and the Script

There’s a certain danger, or responsibility perhaps, that goes along with storytelling. The Discovery Channel kicked off its Shark Week amid criticism from the scientific community. For example in the 1980s Walter Mondale launched an attack advertisement on Ronald Reagan critical of his policies toward the elderly.

article thumbnail

What is PR? 141 PR and Comms Pros Explain What They Do for a Living

Sword and the Script

I culled through the answers pulling out as many as possible that were fit for print and listed them below. 14) “I help communicate, promote, and sell new products or services to potential customers and other stakeholders.”. 22) “I am a storyteller and I look out for people.”. 22) “I am a storyteller and I look out for people.”.

Employee 150
article thumbnail

How to Turn Your Personal Story Into a Compelling Brand

ReimaginePR

The most important part of branding is storytelling. And the most important part of storytelling is connecting with your audience. Every message it shares contains a little bit of heroism, from its marketing material to the way Nike portrays its chief executives as trail blazers and community leaders. Click To Tweet. Click Here.

Brand 156
article thumbnail

Holding out for a hero

Stephen Waddington

No advertising, no sponsorship, no sales promotion or other fundraising efforts. The entire series of events that occurred can be traced back to that initial press release, supported by ongoing authentic communication, a compelling story, a hero, a strong sense of purpose, and an emotional pull that resonated with much of the population.

Radio 89
article thumbnail

6 Awesome Examples of How To Leverage Corporate History in Brand Storytelling

MaccaPR

Your brand can share storytelling moments from its company history with your key stakeholders, too. Corporate histories are important to customers, employees, business partners, and community members. Legos' Corporate History Video. Source: Unzipped ). Branded History Museums. Wells Fargo 's 11 museums across the U.S